“Great Ambience”
Review of Hearsay

Hearsay
Reserve with OpenTable
Hearsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 8,399 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Congress
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We found this restaurant on trip advisor and made a plan to go and we weren't disappointed, the setting and ambience were great, loved the brickwork and high ceilings. The service was very good and the food very tasty, only slight no was that the plates were cold but luckily that didn't affect our food, would definitely recommend.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I went to Houston on a business trip and explored some local spots. Hearsay was one of many spots visited during my stay. The atmosphere is great. It's a vibey restaurant-pub with great a interior and comfortable seating arrangements. The beer selection is good. Food selection is great. Waitresses are very helpful and do a great job. It seemed to be a great place for folks to hang out after a day at the office. As for dinner, reservations might be required as the place fills up fast. I really enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

The food was excellent. I was traveling alone and needed to get back to get some work done but took the burger to go and it was one of the best burger I have ever had! Everyone was pleasant.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

While staying at a hotel near Hearsay we walked over for light dinner after a long day of traveling. The atmosphere is very nice - industrial, almost glam, exposed brick and trendy. We had the smoked duck quesadilla for an appetizer. We were both very pleased - excellent flavor and the duck was very tender, not dry and/or greasy like it is when improperly cooked. My husband had the Hearsay burger. It was cooked perfectly rare and was very flavorful; we would recommend this. I had the mahi-mahi tacos. They, too, were very good, and seasoned well, but I think I would order something different next time. The service was very polite, prompt and pleasant. We would recommend this spot and wouldn't hesitate to eat there, again, in the future.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Was a bit unsure of the quality of food (location more of the “after work bar” only), but I was not disappointed with the menu selection nor the quality of food. I had to 10oz Ribeye (cooked to perfection, requiring no additional sauce), best potatoes and vegetables, and a bowl of macaroni and cheese that was intoxicating. Staff was very good (they were completely booked so I ended up at the bar) – Greg at the bar was very polite and attentive. For the price and the quality and quantity of food, plus the atmosphere…..this place is a must visit when in Downtown Houston.