“Nice Choice”

Ranked #110 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Lufkin, Texas
“Nice Choice”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I had business close to the Galleria area, but most of the hotels were more expensive than we wanted. The Best Western was a great choice. We got a wonderful room. It was very clean (including the bathroom). The air conditioner kept us cool (we like to sleep a little on the cold side, so we kept the thermostat at 66). The mattress was very firm for me, but my husband loved it. The breakfast choices were nice: scrambled eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, fresh fruit, a selection of muffins and sweet rolls, several different cereals, yogurt, etc. We didn't use the pool or exercise room, but the pool looked very clean. I wish they had a spa/hot tub on the premises. We were very pleased with our stay and will return. It was a great value close to the Galleria.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tripforgrad
bwfountainview, General Manager at Best Western Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
In behalf of all the staff of Best Western Fountainview Inn and Suites, I would like to thank you for your appreciation and kind words. We hope to be of service to you once again. Blessings unto you and your family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Doha
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great atmosphere, very competent and nice staff. The rooms can be improved but are in a good shape, walking distance to the Wild Wild West, a great experience! The pool is quite nice although small. the breakfast offering could be more varied as per BW usual standards, my only deception.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nikki P, General Manager at Best Western Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 713 783 8388.

Chapin, South Carolina
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This was a moderately priced hotel not in the center of Houston but very clean with large rooms. Ours had a King Bed with correct stiffness, a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator. This refrigerator froze our drinks and we told the desk and they immediately replaced it. The pool was well maintained and pleasant to swim and sun by. The fitness room was small but had a nice new universal machine, treadmill and a sit up device I wish they had at my big Golds Gym. It was fully adjustable. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nikki P, General Manager at Best Western Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013

Campeche, Mexico
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This Best Western Near to Galleria area is Comfortable, Clean and good balance between quality/price. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious, have TV, Microwave a Refrigerator. The Bathroom is very clean. The Hotel is clean, have a free parking and pool; the front desk service is good. The hotel area is safe and have many restaurants and bars near.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The Best Western Fountainview is a perfect business hotel for business travelers on a budget who need to be near the Galleria area.

The hotel is new, clean, quiet, safe and has free parking.. The rooms are comfortable and spacious with microwave and refrigerator. There is a swimming poool and there are nearby restaurants.

My only complaint would be the rather oddly decorated lobby area of the hotel, but perhaps that adds a little character.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
bwfountainview, General Manager at Best Western Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
In behalf of the whole staff of Best Western Fountainview Inn and Suites, I would like to thank you for your kind words. We sincerely strive hard to make every stay of our guest a memorable one - a place where our guests can rest and relax after a hard day's work.
We are looking forward to having you back.
Adelle Agnes D. Santos
Seattle, WA, USA
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We were looking for an affordable, comfortable hotel relatively near Montrose and that's exactly what we got. I think if we'd stayed any closer to downtown, it would have been hard to find something in this price range. The hotel certainly won't win any awards when it comes to style or general appearance, but that's OK if we can be perfectly comfortable without spending a lot of money. The bed was super comfortable and the room very quiet. Breakfast was the usual spread of sugary options, though it was nice to have scrambled eggs and make-your-own waffles in the shape of Texas. I guess having Fox & Friends blaring on the TV was a reminder that we weren't in Seattle any more! We asked at the front desk for a recommendation for Mexican food and were directed to Pappasitos, where we had a delicious meal. We noticed an abundance of clubs, strip and regular flavor, on our walk back, but weren't affected by them in any way, partly because jet lag had us sound asleep by 8 pm.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We, at Best Western Fountainview Inn and Suites are glad that you were able to enjoy your trip in Houston and being able to enjoy a meal in one our favorable Mexican Restaurants.
I do hope that you would keep us in mind when you get the chance to visit Houston again.

Adelle Santos
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed two nights in Feb 2012 for an average of $113/night (incl. tax). When doing my research on Tripadvisor, this Best Western turned out to be one of the least expensive hotels in this area of Houston. The area is safe and quiet and all attractions are close (Galleria is less than 5 minutes away). The property is clean, rooms are clean as well although slightly dated. Water pressure is very weak. Great breakfast included in the rate. Note that there is a big parking lot in the back.

We had an issue with the billing. Upon check-in, the attendant took my card to secure a deposit and wrote $296 instead of the $226 I had booked the room for. I noticed it and she said it was fine and that the correct amount would be charged when checking out... Well when checking out (it was an other employee) they wanted to charge $296 and gave me the bill to sign. I told her it was wrong, again, and after a long sigh she made the correction and printed the revised bill. My card was charged $226 but if I had not paid attention and compared to the rate on my booking, I would have lost $70!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paris12
I sincerely apologize for the confusion with regards to the credit card charges. Please be assured that I sat down with the rest of the Front Desk staff to avoid a recurrence of that incident.
I do hope that you would still consider staying with us should you be in the area.

Respectfully,