“My food was blah..”

Boudreaux's
Ranked #1,982 of 8,378 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Serving Cajun Comfort Cuisine in a casual dining atmosphere. Full service bar with daily happy hour features. Delivery and Full Service Catering available.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went with several friends to Boudreaux's Saturday night. The process is to wait in a snaked line to order and the wait staff brings it to your table matching your number given. While waiting at our table, I watched food being delivered to tables. I DO NOT like plates being held with fingers IN THE PLATES. Food was only delivered on trays if there were 3-4 plates. Otherwise, the plates were handled with thumbs in plates. Yuk.
My husband got the Maui-Maui with shrimp and crawfish sauce on top. It was incredible. I got the butterfly shrimp plate and was very disappointed at the taste. Actually, there was no taste. If it hadn't been for the tartar sauce, there would have been no taste. I kept sticking my fork over in my husbands plate for a taste of his devine dish. I ordered mashed potatoes and left half of it. I DO cook my mashed potatoes with the skin and like it on but this had more skin than potato. I had shrimp AND potato left on my plate and didn't even bother to get a 'to go" box. Not sure if it was worth the $40 bill.
Anyway, don't get the tasteless shrimp if you try the place. You might as well chew cardboard.
oh... be careful... the people cleaning up the tables will run over you. Very crowded as far as tables and booth space and they power through no matter what.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Service was horrible - actually non-existent! Food was greasy. Would not recommend to anyone. Thought the cost was high for the quality. Can easily get much better food for similar prices all over the Houston area.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The one on the West Loop caters to a minority crowd with screaming brats
The seafood is just average.
Stay away from this noisy and not very clean place.

1  Thank William A