“Lives up to the hype!”
Review of Uchi

Uchi
Reserve with OpenTable
Uchi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 8,283 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
missouri city, tx
“Lives up to the hype!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Ahhh, how I love Uchi. I took my husband for his birthday. So we got there at 5:00p when it opened. That is the key, not only do you get a chance to sit at the sushi bar but you get there for the sake social hour. For the budget minded this is definitely the way to try Uchi. Great deals on phenomenal food. They tell you not to use soy sauce, I was skeptical but they were right. The food is so perfectly balanced you would ruin it with soy.
My husband loved the jar jar duck and the smoked escolar was incredible. Do not miss the brussel sprouts even if you don't normally like them. We have recreated them for the kids at home and they can't get enough!! They also gave us a complimentary Wagu beef dish and wow....it was great!
Uchi, you have won our hearts!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
“It was OK”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

In Houston we are spoiled because we have a lot of great places to eat and that includes sushi. Uchi is very nice and "trendy" and lots of friends were talking about it, so I had to try it. However I can get good quality sushi without going inside the loop and paying the inside the loop prices. We made reservations two weeks ahead of time and still waited for a while to be seated. The sushi is ecleptic and very good, service was good as well. If you are new to Houston and want to go for trendy by all means go there.

Perryton, Texas
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

The food is some of the best I have ever eaten. Weirdly the brussel sprouts were my favorite. I couldn't stop eating them. The portions are small so you can try lots of different stuff. The food comes out really fast too and the wait staff is very knowledgeable about the food. They will help you order. I'm definitely coming back here to try more!!! It's one of the best restaurants I've ever been to.

• Visited April 2013
“As far as service, the worst place ever due to Extremely rude staff.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Food is great but staff are so rude. They are too busy to do their job right. If you like to be served properly don't go there.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Akbbarr
Siem Reap, Siemreab-Otdar Meanchey, Cambodia
“Uchi is like a wonderful dream”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

In my opinion, Uchi is the best restaurant in Houston!!! They continue to amaze on every visit with their dishes, presentation, service and kindness. There are many excellent sushi places in Houston such as Kata Robata but Uchi is on another level.
Be sure to try the Uchiviche, Machi cure, Avocado sushi, Nasu and the cauliflower tempura or anything on the menu and be amazed. The deserts, which I usually never order at other restaurants, are incredible, so save room. I recently ate at Jiro's in Tokyo and it was really great, but I would rather have a meal at Uchi, that's what I think about this restaurant. The Austin location, the original is also totally amazing! I have been in Asia traveling for the last two months and can't wait to eat and see the folks at Uchi tonight.
Thank You Tyson Cole and Uchi for being the Greatest!
Anthony The Wandering Traveler.