“Heavenly and a great value”
Review of Uchi

Uchi
Reserve with OpenTable
Uchi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 8,353 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Dear God was the food good here. I'm a vegetarian and they still managed to pull together a tasting menu on the fly for under $80 including drinks. I am dying to go back!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had the 10 course chef's tasting menu. From beginning to end, excellent. The staff served it up with obvious pride. Not inexpensive, but worth every penny.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Amazing interiors and environment on top of ridiculously great service and treatment. I have a lot of food allergies and in order to not be a pest to the group of people I was dining with, I requested a very simple, plain, and boring dish. Upon receiving my bland order the chef took it upon himself to come out to me in person and asked me to write down all of my food allergies and proceeded to design a bowl of food off the menu just to meet my specific needs. It was incredible! I will definitely be returning to this establishment again.

2  Thank Blake V
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

From start to finish.. Impeccable service and food. We waited 11/2 to eat and worth it and I'd never, ever wait that long, but this one was worth it!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband, son and I have been to Uchi on several occassions since it opened in Houston last summer.
Reservations are highly recommended. It is a great restaurant and I love the seeing the innovative concepts that the chef comes up with.
One of my favorite dishes is his take on green eggs and ham. It has so much savory flavor and the presentations are always unusual.
My son hates any kind of vegetables (even though he is 14) and yet he eats 2 servings of their brussel sprouts!!! They are made with this caramalized fish sauce that is out of this world!
The check can be expensive but I have a tip: Go during happy hour. The prices are half off and you can usually get seats without reservations!