“Very good food, very expensive, diner level service”

Triniti Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #643 of 8,244 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kipling
Houston, Texas
“Very good food, very expensive, diner level service”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I tried Triniti although we had read mixed reviews on a local site. Food was very good, but as a dining experience it rated poor in my view. We were warmly greeted and seated immediately. Sat waiting a really long time before anyone came to our table, long even for someone very patient. Someone noticed us sitting after a while and said he would get our waiter. It was our waiter. After we finished our drinks they brought the bread. When they took the meal order we reminded them, as we specified with our reservation, that my husband has celiac disease and needed to eat gluten-free. We said we were interested in doing the five course tasting menu with wine pairings.someone came over and said it was no problem, they could adjust the dishes. Here the real problems begin. Two of the three courses, including the entree, arrived with bread things in them - stuff that obviously was not GF and had to be sent back. Fortunately for us we know and pay attention or I would have had a sick puppy on my hands for the night. Service very confused and unprofessional. when one person finished the plate was swopped away before the other was done. As a dining experience it was not relaxed because you never knew who was bringing food to your table and when. They were not understaffed - this is the way they do things clearly. Very noisy atmosphere. If this were a mid-level restaurant this would be tolerable, but our total bill, with tax and tip was $350 for two people, and that is without having an expensive bottle of wine since we did the tasting with pairings. At that price I do expect commensurate service and to have a relaxed and professionally served meal. We have had friends share a similar experience. I would not go here again although the food was very good.

Sugar Land, Texas
“Triniti was an incredible treat for my birthday!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Have been wanting to eat here for some time. My wonderful friends took a group of 8 of us to dinner here for my birthday. It was an experience well worth waiting for. The dinner could not have been any nicer. We choose the 8 course tasting menu. We highly recommend it! It was divine. Still can't decide what we liked the most! It was all heavenly.
The service was exceptional. We had two main gentlemen that took care of us and several others that were helping them. They didn't miss a trick. The service was excellent! We were all totally impressed. This place has it going on! We are SO happy to have been here and enjoyed such a fabulous dinner. Each course topped the next one to be finished off with the delivery of a dozen fresh backed scones to take home for dinner or breakfast. Ryan Hilderbrand and the others working at Triniti really know how to make their guests feel loved and very special. We will definitely be back again.

Houson, Texas
“TRI this............”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

LOVE the interior of this restaurant. Cool, serene and current..........
The background music, not something I ever really remember noticing, was just my style. Can't go wrong with a little Florence and the Machine.
We were just there for Happy Hour, but will definitely return for the full meal....
Service was good....pork belly appetizer was very yummy, the cavier deviled eggs inspired me to make them for one of my own parties. I wasn't very impressed with the Calamari and Kimchi....Calamari was very bland and unimpressive.
Will be back................SOON!

Houston, Texas
“they try to hard to be innovated...”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We did not have a reservation but we were seated immediately at a table for two across from the window towards Shepard. A few minutes had passed before menus were given to us. A few more minutes before water arrived. We placed our drink order. Chatted about the menu options while waited and waited for our beverages. Finally a waiter arrived and took our order ... no beverages yet. Approximately 30 minutes later ... two martinis appeared along with the chef amuse bouche. The amuse was beautiful presented but lacked depth of flavor. This whole time we noticed waiters, servers, waiter boys ... walking in a quickened pace up and down the aisle. However they were emptied handed.

For my appetizer I ordered the English pea soup with hazelnuts. A bowl arrived with a beige powder at the bottom and a few whole peas. A lovely spring green broth was poured on top. It also lacked flavor and textured. I stopped a waiter mentioning that my soup did not have any hazelnuts. I was told they use a powdered hazelnut; has a more concentrated flavor. My entree was three scallops over a bruschetta; it was very petite, more of an appetizer. Our waiter informed us they focus on smaller portions. The chef/owner took time to speak with us. He offered to take care of our meal but we declined. The menu read very well but the meal follow through.

• Visited August 2013
Houston, TX
“Classy”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were early for our lunch and began the day with a glass of wine as we pondered our choices. I had the salmon and it was perfect. My wife had the hamburger with fries - again great. The value was good, service attentive, but not rushed. We have eaten here several times and the food/service has been consistently good.

Visited September 2013