“they try to hard to be innovated...”

Triniti Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #782 of 8,448 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kipling
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We did not have a reservation but we were seated immediately at a table for two across from the window towards Shepard. A few minutes had passed before menus were given to us. A few more minutes before water arrived. We placed our drink order. Chatted about the menu options while waited and waited for our beverages. Finally a waiter arrived and took our order ... no beverages yet. Approximately 30 minutes later ... two martinis appeared along with the chef amuse bouche. The amuse was beautiful presented but lacked depth of flavor. This whole time we noticed waiters, servers, waiter boys ... walking in a quickened pace up and down the aisle. However they were emptied handed.

For my appetizer I ordered the English pea soup with hazelnuts. A bowl arrived with a beige powder at the bottom and a few whole peas. A lovely spring green broth was poured on top. It also lacked flavor and textured. I stopped a waiter mentioning that my soup did not have any hazelnuts. I was told they use a powdered hazelnut; has a more concentrated flavor. My entree was three scallops over a bruschetta; it was very petite, more of an appetizer. Our waiter informed us they focus on smaller portions. The chef/owner took time to speak with us. He offered to take care of our meal but we declined. The menu read very well but the meal follow through.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were early for our lunch and began the day with a glass of wine as we pondered our choices. I had the salmon and it was perfect. My wife had the hamburger with fries - again great. The value was good, service attentive, but not rushed. We have eaten here several times and the food/service has been consistently good.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

First time here and it was a great atmosphere. Polished concrete floors, very open with wood and frosted glass. Food was good, but a few things were a little overly salted. They were kind enough to make me a vegetarian club sandwich which was good! The salad that came with it though was way too salty. Everyone at my table had the beet salad. It was delicious, but it seemed more like a roasted veggie salad with beats abd cauliflower so they might consider changing the name. A friend had the roast chicken as her main course and she said it was also too salty to eat. Despite the twobad dishes I would certainly cone back. It was good and the service was great!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

If I could give this place negative starts I would! The place is very nice and trendy but the service and food are nothing close to average.
The service was very slow, they took over 30 minutes to bring us our drinks and 2 hours to bring us our overcooked so called 'ribeye" which tasted like a $2 Walmart Filet. The manager instead of apologizing began arguing with us, this is the first time that I ever encountered a manager so rude and disrespectful in many years of dining out. My husband and frequent only upscale restaurants where the service is superb. For someone who doesn't eat out much they might enjoy this place. The concept is interesting but they just did not get it right. We were celebrating a friends bday and I am always asked to chose the restaurants since we eat out so much- and this was a disappointment! I not only feel embarrassed of the horrible experience but I am I am appauled that the owners of this place would have someone with NO customer service skills running their restaurant.
If you want an authentic ribeye please go to a steakhouse- Capital Grille, Pappas, Mortons, Smith and Wollensky.... but do not waste your time and money here it's not worth it!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This gem is a great place to go for happy hour, late night drinks, celebrating special events or just having a great meal in a very contemporary and lively environment. The menu changes with the season and the food is locally sourced. Chef Ryan and his staff offer up some exceptional and creative meals that are artfully presented and always fresh! The wine menu is meticulously picked to compliment the food being prepared. And if there are any dietary requirements or questions regarding preparation, they are more than happy to accommodate you in any way! We have never had a bad experience there and always look forward to whatever our favorite server Alex recommends. The open kitchen is always fun to watch and no plate ever leaves without Chef Ryan's final discerning eye. It is truly one of our favorite places to dine! The Happy Hour is always packed and quite lively! And the complimentary breakfast muffin or scone when your bill is presented is a wonderful touch and a great way to enjoy Triniti with your coffee the next morning. We look forward to every visit!