“Nasty”

Ranked #358 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Alvarado, Texas
“Nasty”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The room smelled BAD. The carpet was wet from the 2 inch gap under the door. Every-time you asked for towel or anything the owners ( which live next to the office) look at you like you did something wrong. If they gave you towels it was 2 no matter what. Then watch you like a hawk with all the cameras everywhere. The shower didn't work AT ALL! I did my best to make it work. When you went to breakfast the person behind the counter would give dirty looks or roll their eyes at you. If fact I heard the lady tell this man checking out "come back and see us" he said "No that's ok if I wanted such bad service I would sleep with my ex-wife" The breakfast was so nasty I gagged on coffee. The waffle mix was color water. The milk was warm and cereal was stale. The orange juice was brown and apple was yellow like pee.

Room Tip: Don't choose this place!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sam p, Manager at Super 8 Houston North I-45, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Sir OR MADAM
On behalf of ( SUPER 8 NORTH I-45 AND RICHEY RD HOUSTON,TX ), kindly accept our sincere apologies for not being able to(provide you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel). We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you because of this.
As a gesture of good will, we request you to kindly accept a (30 % DISCOUNT ON YOUR NEXT STAY WITH US OFF RACK RATE).
I am sure you would pardon the mistake on our part this time and would continue your business association with us.
We reassure you of our co-operation and look forward to a more positive association with you in the future as well.
Thanking You,
Yours Sincerely,
SAM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Katy, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We decided to try this place since we were in the area for some work. Our original plan was for couple of weeks but after the first day we changed hotel. The breakfast sucked, they ran out of milk, juice and no fruits. The tables were sticky and dirty even though there wasn't anyone in the breakfast area. The bed was dipped in on one side, the bed linen and room had a smokey smell to it even though I requested a nonsmoking room. There were people yelling and talking outside in the parking lot all night long. I complained to the manager when he arrived but he seemed he didn't care. The toilet kept on filling up every few minutes, the microwave didn't work and they couldn't even change it until the manager got there. The "wife" of the manager had no idea what to do so we had to wait until he arrived. All he did while I informed him of the problems was spit in a cup of some type of chew. Terrible service, nothing tends to work in the room and mostly unprofessional. Oh yeah, the freeway noise will definitely keep you up because it's loud. NOT RECOMMENDED!!! Thank god we were there only for one night.

Room Tip: good luck because my workers and I tried 4 rooms and they all had problems with them.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wayne S
sam p, General Manager at Super 8 Houston North I-45, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Sir OR MADAM
Thanking You,
Yours Sincerely,
SAM
Patiala, India
Reviewed February 14, 2013

It was my first ever visit to this hotel. The staff made a good impression right from the very beginning by greeting me well & making arrangements for the room in no time. I some how thought that they provide shuttle service to the airport but that was the other Super 8 hotel, nevertheless the Manager still provided me with a free ride to the airport himself. Definitely, whenever i'll be in Houston Super 8 is the place where I'm going to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
sam p, Manager at Super 8 Houston North I-45, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at out brand new hotel. we will continue to improve our service. we look forward to come and stay with us in the near future. Thanks once agian