“They had me at "Hola!"”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“They had me at "Hola!"”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Fun filled restaurant with awesome spinach enchiladas!! Wait staff is great, even with a large crowd. Ask and it appears in seconds! Excellent fajitas and quesadillas according to my fellow diners

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank M0mmaSue

Spring, Texas
“Best fajitas in Texas!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've lived in Texas most of my life and eaten Mexican food all over...San Antonio, Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas and Houston. I have NEVER had better fajitas than at Soto's! Everything is good here. The salsa, and everything else, is made fresh and is outstanding. Tortillas are made to order and are as good as any I've ever had. The fish tacos are delicious, although I admit I mostly order beef fajitas, which is there "signature" dish as far as I'm concerned.

Although I've heard a few complaints about service at times, I've never had a problem. Very friendly and efficient. I suppose the occasional problem would be due to the times when they are really busy, usually weekends. Unless you get there early, you will probably have to wait for a table.

They have a nice outdoor eating area, a great place to enjoy one of their many varieties of Margaritas, a cold beer, or a glass of wine.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank David K
Houston, Texas
“Excellent food, friendly service, Awesome salsa”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was named as one of Houston's Top 100 in 2012, that is how I discovered it. It is run by a family of brothers who used to work for another place. They decided to go on their own a few years ago, and have not looked back. They are located in an old house that features several rooms and outdoor seating on a wrap around porch. Do you like margaritas? do you like spicy? then you have to try a Jalapeno Margarita, they are wonderful! I can't say enough about the salsa, it is made fresh several times a day and I could make a meal of it with the wonderful thin, crisp tortilla chips. Be sure to save room for the wonderful fresh dishes however. The Jalapeno tamales, Summer steak, tortilla soup and many more are all delicious. I have never been disappointed and have taken many friends who have since been back as well. This is not typical Tex-Mex or authentic Mexican, but it is YUMMY!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank NeptuneHouston
Houston, Texas
“Fresh food, inconsistent service”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My third time there since they opened. Great alternative to other local Tex-Mex restaurants. Ambiance is fun, relaxing and not commercial. Food is fresh and simple (wouldn't mind seeing some creative additions to menu). Good margaritas. Large outside porch. Only complaint is service seems to be somewhat chaotic and unorganized. And full bar isn't really a full bar. But we'll continue going back. Once they tweak a couple of things it will be close to perfect! And the best thing is we don't leave smelling like a Mexican restaurant!!!

1 Thank Sue A
“Wonderful shrimp tacos”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Shrimp tacos with marinated red cabbage and a spicy chipotle sauce on homemade corn tortillas make a wonderful treat. Restaurant is family-run by the Soto brothers. We love the Chicken Mole also.

2 Thank Texas43