“Worst Thai food I have ever had”
Review of Nidda Thai Cuisine

Nidda Thai Cuisine
Ranked #686 of 8,243 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Thai
Texas
“Worst Thai food I have ever had”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Dont order the Pad Prik Paow. Chinese vegetable stir fry with hastily cut, completely uncooked bell pepper and onion tossed in. Throw in a handful of raw cashews. a few blobs of prik paow sauce, and call it a Thai dish(?) I don't think so. It was also ice cold. Had we not been there with friends I didn't want to embarass I would have had it returned to the kitchen.

Service was more than acceptable as was the atmosphere.

The food was so bad I won't even give them another chance. Won't be back.

• Visited February 2013

Pearland, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious curry!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Came for lunch. A cool rainy day and they had a complimentary tasty cup of chicken vegetable soup that had a hint of heat. Ordered the Massaman chicken curry and it smelled good. It was a bowl full of thin sliced chicken, onion, and sweet potato. The curry was deeply rich with a little acid ( line juice?) that was smooth and flavorful, not harsh or fiery hot just warm and tasty. The plate also came with a small soft spring roll and peanut sauce which was good. Not expensive, filling and will be coming back. Nice decor, might be a little dark but in a good way it feels warm and comfortable.

Denton
“Very good Thai!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We are two senior ladies who were in Houston visiting a friend who just returned from living in Thailand for the past 7 years. He took us to Nidda's, said it would be very authentic. We each ordered a separate dish, all were delicious, huge portions, and good service.

Two of us like our Thai about 15 on a 1-5 scale, we never get our food hot enough. This place did . . . they took us at our word and we were in heaven. The prices are are very good, most mains +/- $10 and they have lunch specials for +/- $8.

We will definitely return here anytime we are in Houston.

Sandy (in Denton)

• Visited December 2012
Houston, Texas
“Massaman curry did not taste right”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I ordered take out from here this weekend since our usual, favorite Thai restaurant is closed on Sundays. We ordered fresh rolls, massaman curry, and green curry. The fresh rolls were pretty good, and my husband liked his green curry. We loved that we could add vegetables and get brown rice. However, my Massaman curry didn't taste right. It was too sweet. For that reason alone, I would not return.

• Visited October 2012
Sugar Land, Texas
“Ignore the exterior and enjoy great Thai”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The fried eggplant with green curry sauce was very unique and tasty. Decent variety of classic Thai dishes. Atmosphere is nothing special, but the food was.

Visited October 2012