“Reasonable price, good food”
Review of Argentina Cafe

Argentina Cafe
Ranked #381 of 8,353 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Argentinean
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Near the galleria, limited parking. The cafe had undergone a renovation recently, and had increased the seating capacity.
The food is excellent. I usually order a lamito, and the meat is always a good cut. The staff are fast and friendly.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I usually go there for breakfast and recommend any of their breakfast items. They make a pretty good frappuccino too. Definitely recommend you checking this place out as it's one of the hidden gems in Houston.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Found this place through Yelp, it was close and we were hungry so we gave it a try. It's a nice airy place in a strip center, so nothing fancy, but bright and clean. The staff was polite and the menu had a lot of variety- from salads, pizzas, empanadas, sandwiches, etc. We were told to order and eat, then pay, which allowed us to get more, or dessert, if we wanted, before totalling the bill. It was quiet when we were there, so we could take our time choosing.

I got an empanada and a milanesa sandwich, my husband got a lomito hot plate. The empanada was great, but the sandwich was nothing special. Hubs acted the same about his hot plate. Is was fine, but not exceptional, and a rather meager portion. We each got a soda and a palmerita as well.

What surprised me was the bill- it was over $30 for not a lot of food, and definitely nothing I'd drive out of my way to eat again. I'd suggested the place and was kind of embarrassed that I'd chosen a dud.

The empanada I had was good, and if I was really craving them, I might be willing to pay, but overall, it cost more than it was worth.

Maybe it's authentic argentine food, and yes, their empanadas were

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is an attractive restaurant with polite staff, but I had to wait an inordinate amount of time for my salad and once I got it, it wasn't particularly good. I won't be a repeat customer.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have gone to this restaurant, in the heart of the Galleria area, many times and the food is always delicious. Love the friendly/family atmosphere.
You can also find goodies such as one of the best brands of Dulce de Leche, San Ignacio, and the coffee is absolutely delicious!!
The prices are excellent for the amount of quality food you get!!

1  Thank HeReignsHouston