“Wonderful Staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Georgetown, Texas
“Wonderful Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I was in town for a wedding and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Houston. I was impressed with the staff's willingness to make my stay as comfortable as possible. The breakfast buffet was very good with plenty of choices and the wait staff was outstanding! At one point, I inquired about the delicious oatmeal/blueberry scones. They did not have any immediately available, but Domingo Martinez assured me he'd make some extras for me and he did! I would definitely recommend The Garden Inn and I plan to stay there again!

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
san jose, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

The staff at HGI always impresses me with their friendliness and willingness to go above and beyond. When I checked in and didn't have a water bottle, the receptionist who checked me in gave one to me at no charge. The next night after a late night out, the lobby was out of their signature cookies for our group (which was no big deal) but Robert at the front desk went out of his way to rustle up some warm treats for my group with a smile on his face. And the bartender was also so friendly, even though I was just waiting for my group to arrive and didn't order. That's the kind of customer service you don't see these days. The breakfast is great with PLENTY of clean and healthy choices.

North Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

We ran a corporate workshop with over 60 participants at the Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW in March 2014. This was the second such I had led at their facility, and in both cases the service and facilities were outstanding. They were flexible with our schedule changes, the food was great (definitely try their steak and chicken fajita option) and they went out of their way to ensure we had a great experience and a highly productive meeting. In particular, our catering and meeting room coordinator, Carmen Campos, and an Event Manager, Kelsie DeWalt went above and beyond to quickly resolve any issues and to proactively suggest practical alternatives. They both really helped make our experience there successful.

Beyond that, the hotel staff was uniformly friendly and helpful and seemed genuinely glad to have us as guests. The hotel rooms are clean and well-appointed, and the location is easy to reach and close to a great many shops and restaurants.

I highly recommend this hotel as a great place for your northwest Houston event.

Houston, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The rooms needed an extreme make over, I'd prefer an OK lobby and clean and comfortable room versus an upstanding lobby only to retreat to a mediocre room. The bathroom quarters were very miniscule and cramped for 1 guest, so I could imagine the discomfort of a family. The air-condition ventilation was horrible and made strange noises the entire night. House keeping did not change the linens upon cleaning the room either. It was a barely bearable stay, but I was on business so I sucked it up.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time t provide us with honest feedback. We are in the midst of an entire guestroom renovation with upgrades to all furniture, fixtures, and amenities. To date we have 20 rooms completed and the entire inventory should be ready by the end of the year barring no complications. I am quite sure you will find the newly renovated rooms to be exceptional and communicate very well with the lobby. We are also taking steps to being green and have a linen card in all guest rooms that assist us and the environment in minimizing our footprint- perhaps it was just a mis communication, but I will be following up with my houskeeping team regardless and reviewing the procedures once again. My apologies for the lack of service encountered and I do look forward to welcoming you back and getting your opinion of the new rooms. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me at 832.912.1000. Until next time, safe travels.
Scottsdale, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We booked block of rooms for wedding. Staff was helpful & attentive to guests needs. Great area to stay in as this is a large shopping/dining area. We had a Junior Suite & it provided ample room for the hair & makeup crew to set up & get the girls ready for the wedding.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Huffman, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had our daughter's wedding reception here and it turned out beautifully thanks to Kelsie DeWalt and her staff. The food received so many nice comments as did the rooms and service at the hotel. The breakfast for our party was wonderful. Servers at the reception that worked so hard were Carmen Campos, Jennifer Anzora, and Domingo Martinez. They were so helpful during the reception and helping us pack up the cake and the wedding items.

Room Tip: Check out the rates and breakfast for wedding party blocks.