“BAD NEIGHBORHOOD”

Ranked #401 of 504 Hotels in Houston
ga.
“BAD NEIGHBORHOOD”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

This is my husbands and my first time to houston and went on line looking for a good but cheap motel to stay at for the 3 days we would be here, when we got here the price was higher the the quote was when i made the reservations, motel 6 does not have the best reputations but this one was newly renovated and figured that it would be better the the average motel 6 well its not, my husband saw a man shooting dope right outside the parking lot and drug dealers and hookers are in and out, the room itself was rather nice and it was clean, there are very few tv stations to choose from and you have to pay 2.99 a day for internet when i can go th mcdonalds or dennys and use it free most motels its free, my point is we dont feel very safe here and would not stay at any motel 6,you get what you pay for here and that not much.The one nice feature about the motel 6 is that my dog stayed for free and thank god we have him here as we have 2 more days of this.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
st. louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2010

We didn't expect much staying at a Motel 6, but we did expect our vehicle would be safe. We stayed one night to go to the rodeo at Reliant Park. Upon returning from the rodeo, we had to park next to the gas station which shares the parking lot. There was a man loitering at the gas station who proceeded to attempt to break into our car as we were walking to the hotel. Luckily, we distracted him. We went to our room to get our dog that we coincidentally brought with us and my boyfriend went back to find the man attempting to break in to the car again. He went to the front desk to call the police, but there was a security guard patrolling the hotel over night. We ended up moving our car to in front of the office and having the guard watch it over night. I wouldn't recommend staying here at all knowing that there is the potential for your car being broken into. Other than that, it was fairly clean to just sleep in for one night.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank briana23
Bryan, tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2010

Toooo loud. I'm staying here currently and am listening to freeway sounds, loud people and my neighbor's TV. Only 1 towel in the room. Only had 1 more to offer. Won't stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2010
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

no working light switch at door(and lights were not left on). A bit of stumbling around in dark room found one that did work. A few cock roaches, but not too bad for Houston. They actually stapled a tripadvisor.com card to my receipt. Maybe that is why the check in clerk was so nice ---- typically the check in clerks at this location left you the impression they wished you'd go somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2009

This location seems to be one of the older ones in the Motel 6 line, and was under renovation during my visit, but the construction didn't interfere at all with my stay. The front desk staff, both at check-in and check-out expressed their appreciation for my business and seemed genuinely interested in helping me. The night was particularly cold and when I returned to my room after supper, I found that the heater had ceased to function and wouldn't run at all. When I called the desk, the lady graciously and immediately transferred me to another room. The most important thing to me was the friendliness of the staff. I wasn't surprised by the cleanliness of the room as it met the standards I've come to expect from Motel 6. I will reserve my next room at the same location the next time I visit Houston.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Houston, tx 610 reliant stadium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2009

I was staying with friends, we got the room of the convience, the room was disgusting. Almost like no ever cleaned it when we checked into it. Filled with little cockroaches, spiders.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wichita Falls, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2006

I have stayed at several Motel 6s over the last 6 months and to this day I have never experienced a place like I did at this location.

Avoid room #224. I had checked in late and when I went to the room it had the most awful wretching smell in it. Called the front desk for a room change and could not due to full booking. I suffered through the smell as it was about 12 midnight and I had to be up at 6am. Upon wakening the smell hits you again! I went to use the shower and it had very luke warm to cold water during my time in it. I went to open the curtains to let the sunlight in and a couple of cockroaches scattered back under the bed and now you could see the large brown fecal stains on the carpet like a pet was left in it for a week and not let outside. I had to hurry off to the business appointment figuring I could return in time for a room change since I was staying another night.

My fault here as I was totally wrapped in my work for the day and forgot to contact the Motel during the day ... I was unable to get a room change again upon my return to the establishment! Business carried over to 11pm. After awaking the clerk from her quite visible napping spot I was told the place was once again fully booked when I asked for the room change. The desk clerk seemed to have no concern for my situation either and offered no remedy. So I suffered through another night of the wretching smell, the fecal stains, cockroaches, and cold water shower.

I recommend you avoid this establishment until further reviews deem it liveable again.

• Liked — CLose proximity to business meeting location
  • Disliked — Fecal stains on carpet, cockroaches, cold shower, wretching smell in room
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid room #224
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank PeartDrumsticks