“Honest place”

Ranked #23 of 53 Houston B&B and Inns
Tallinn, Estonia
“Honest place”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Honest place - you get what you pay for. Nothing extra, just a cheap motel to stay overnight. Or two. Reasonable. Clean enough. Friendly staff. Seen worse. Maybe there're better places availbale. But I was satisfied.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Johanna T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wuppertal, Germany
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I went to that Inn in mid of January 2014. I wouldn't do it again. The west side rooms are really bright even at night because there are some lights on the hotel area and the area next to it. I don't know if its the same at the east side rooms. Also it was very loud since there's the North Loop of Houston and "unfortunately" this town is not that small. The room was ok but a bit old fashioned, the shower didn't work well until I found out that cold means warm and warm means cold. Also the toilet was defect and didn't stop flushing several times until I put my hands inside to put a lid on a pipe. As last negative point the staff was rather unfriendly than friendly. AT least two of the three people I was in contact with. Only the last lady was friendly and helped me a bit. If you need a really cheap place, look for another one.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Julian P

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This place gives me the heebees! We stayed in one of the newly upgraded rooms which did not seem upgraded at all, i can only imagine what the other rooms were like eeeh. The room had a musky smoking room smell (although the room was non smoking) .The bathtub was new i guess, but the toilet was rusted. Roach traps were placed in various areas of the room in plain view! The ac is controlled by a light switch (it took us a while to figure that out) so we couldn't set it at a specific temperature. There was a rolling chair with a missing wheel, i tried to plug in my phone charger, but the outlets are so old or something that the charger would literally fall off the wall. The place had an unsettling, cold vibe that I still think about from time to time. The internet sucked, we kept losing connection. This place was one of the worst places i've ever stayed, we paid 60$ for one night, definitely not worth the money!

Room Tip: Do not Stay Here!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ananabana
nottingham
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We booked for one night after flying from england before moving on in Texas ,seemed a bit strange that the receptionist is behind a plastic front ,posters everywhere saying no overnight guests etc no pennies accepted ,got to the room and was defiantly in need of refurbishment ,there were cars driving up to our window beeping their horns.we think it may have been a working girls place of employment! We ventured out for food but only got ad far as having a subway as we felt very intimidated.we never moved all night and was very relieved to leave.We thought it was a best western! It definitely is not ,I wouldn't recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank alisontherapy
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Hotel is bait off the main town; sited in a very quiet area and the lack of public transport make it a bit difficult to access.
The Hotel is security is well organized and the staff well cautious and prompt in given services.
Internet service in th hotel is very poor, it freeze out intermittently and takes longer time to come up.

Room Tip: Rooms are of same size
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank surucity
Cedar Park
Reviewed September 3, 2013

In a rough part of town. No attractions nearby. However, the staff is nice and there seems to be a lot of weddings and quiseneras that use this hotel. I felt totally safe- just know this is not a Best Western and don't expect a lot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Thomas R
Warrensburg, Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I do not recommend this Hotel in Houston. The internet repeatedly continued to go out--sometimes not coming back on for hrs--the room was water damaged--and we had to air it out daily, the air conditioner had one setting--Full--which froze
us out at night and we had to get up and turn it off--the towel exfoliated our skin until it bled--ha ha. Then tonight at 9:00 the front desk called and insisted we come down and pay for another night-ah--no--we paid our full bill when we arrived--through Mon. noon--she insisted I was wrong--and we needed to come downstairs right then and fix this--nope--can't wait til morning--so--got on my sweater--and tennies--with my pjs--took my laptop down--and showed her my receipt for the reservation--oh--it doesn't match mine here at the desk--I guess we'll have to wait for the boss to come in the morning and fix this---EXCUSE ME?! You just insisted I come down right now and fix this--I was in bed near sleep mode--and I CAME DOWN BECAUSE THIS HAD TO BE FIXED TONIGHT. I take a deep breath--and let them know that they will not be charging me another night no matter what happens. Now I'm back in the room--trying to cool off--oh geez--I hate stupid! Did I mention the stench of mold--water damage on the ceilings and the bugs? . . .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business