“Would stay there again.”

Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria
Ranked #17 of 511 Hotels in Houston
The Burg
“Would stay there again.”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Upon arriving, hotel staff was friendly. Any concerns we had were taking care off promptly. Breakfast was very good and our room had a nice view of the freeway and galleria. Enjoyed our stay! Wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel for our next trip here.

• Stayed December 2013
Monte H, Front Office Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Randolph T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback as it is greatly appreciated. I am thrilled to hear that you would stay with us again and we as a team are definitely looking forward to giving you a warm welcome upon your return.

Arvin Missick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We will never stay here again. For the record, if we ever attend a conference that is held here again...the Extended stay is right behind the Sonesta and is closer for walking to the mall or other shopping.
COMPLAINTS
WIFI/Internet...no connection or lost connection half the time...no issues before or after!
Expensive...NO breakfast or even complimentary water!
Valet parking at $27 a day or park off premises.
Wall in front of toilet; hit your head or knees on the wall...very hard to navigate.
The bathroom floor obviously isn't cleaned often. It is tile and was dirty.
Upon arrival, no shampoo, no soap, no kleenex.
Asked for pillow and blanket..asked for hand towels and got washcloths.
NO Amenities! No breakfast, not even water! Water was $7 per bottle in the room and $5 in the coffee shop.
Window washer or repair men (couldn't tell what they were doing) were outside our window all days of our stay. They prepped everyday right in front of our window. One of the days (Thursday)I saw a man facing our window appearing to be looking at our window but I'm sure I was just uncomfortable with him being out there unexpectedly when coming out of the restroom! After that I kept the curtains closed.

Housekeeping used limited English and I had trouble communicating with them.
Housekeeping left the door unlatched after cleaning for several hours. My possessions were unprotected. We had noticed the door didn't latch right the first time we left the room. The door actually did not close completely if you let it close on it's own. I left our room at 10:00 am (Friday)and housekeeping was cleaning the room next door. I returned at 2:00 and my room door was unlatched.

I did not report these things to the front desk because they were completely unapproachable.

Positive comments...
The concierge was helpful in directing me to the mall while my husband was in HCSS workshops even though I didn't pay extra as I was told I would have to upon check in.

Servers in the bar area and in the coffee shop were very nice and friendly.

Dear colleen1978,

I would like to first thank you for taking time out of your schedule to leave this helpful feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would really like another chance to make this up to you. We indeed do have valet parking, however, we also have self-parking as an option which is right in our parking garage with easy access to the lobby followed by guest hotel rooms. Unfortunately, we do not have complimentary breakfast, but we do have a restaurant and room service for breakfast options as well as our new Launch cafe for a quick snack. I will definitely look into you being told that you would have to pay additional for the concierge services as this is a completely free option for our guest. We would really like to make any inconvenience up to and would love for you to call me, Arvin Missick at (713) 627-7600 ext. 2809 upon possibly visiting with us again. We very much so value you as a guest.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed one night for business based on location and was very impressed. It was very near several good restaurant options and a mall. The rooms very exceptionally clean with nice amenities and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't take advantage of any onsite dining, but did enjoy a drink at the lobby bar (which was a little on the pricey side for a nice bourbon). Overall, a nice stay and I would stay there again for business.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Monte H, Front Office Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear SRHGreenville,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to leave this feedback, we greatly appreciate it. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy yourself and were comfortable with the great surroundings. We are looking forward to welcoming you again, and hopefully next time you will be able to try our magnificent food selections.

global
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I visited the property earlier this year and gave it a Wow! I stayed for Valentine's and I must say that I am SHOCKED! It got even better!! The room was absolutely beautiful, but most importantly, the SERVICE was EXCELLENT. Yes, I was wowed by the décor, the ambience, the fact that even though we had reservations for nearby restaurants and outings... we never left the Hotel! My fiancé was able to say WOW. She thought I had done something extra and I was reluctant to admit, this is simply their service! We will be BACK!!

Room Tip: Upgrade room to corner suite! You will have an amazing view from at seemingly 3 angles. Perfect loc...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear trinity C,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. I’m so glad that you chose The Royal Sonesta to celebrate with someone so special to you. Not only that, but you were able to experience our superb hospitality and I am truly happy that you were able to really show your fiancé a great time. We cannot wait to "wow" you again, and CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement from the entire Sonesta staff!

United States
Reviewed February 26, 2014

For years we have been staying at this hotel. We are there a few times a year with a convention. The rooms are spacious and exceptionally clean. The decor has recently been changed and there is a feeling of freshness there. I love the huge shower heads and the shampoo dispensers on the walls. Nice touch. They have this floor lighting too that gives the rooms a very modern feel. The internet is fast. Probably the best calling card for this place is the front desk staff and restaurant people. I'll take a second to say that above all else, when you travel for business as much as we do, (300 days each year) the PEOPLE at the hotel make all the difference. In particular id like to mention Sergio from the front desk. For years he has always been there and even remembers us by name. Highly educated, sharp and very friendly. He is an ambassador to the company. I don't usually mention names but he is outstanding and deserves recognition. The restaurant staff too are very kind and attentive. The breakfast is wonderful and if you get a chance to eat one of the chocolate moose things they have at the cafe, get two:). You'll be glad you did. The girl who worked there was awesome too. Everyone is so glad you are staying with them. As for our convention, the meeting space is huge. Can't say enough good about this hotel and their staff. Looking forward to my next stay in June:).

Room Tip: I try to get on the lowest floor possible in case elevators are busy, but the view from the top floo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Monte H, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Mike B,

I really appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to leave this wonderful review, it really means a lot to my staff and I. Sergio is definitely one of our best employees and I am so glad that you were able to experience his superb hospitality. Our hotel strives to give outstanding customer service and to try and make our guests feel like we're their home away from home. We as a team cannot wait to wow you once more on your next visit with us.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My experience was excellent. Everyone was polite and helpful. The hotel is newly renovated and the rooms are exceptional. I have stayed twice this year and look forward to future visits. There is a fee for parking and valet, both seem a little high but the room made me forget any complaint I may have had.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Monte H, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear kickinchicken2,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We as a team are extremely happy that you were able to enjoy yourself. We are excited for your next visit with us as well and cannot wait to welcome you with open arms.

Katy, Texas
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I frequent this property and had another 5 Star Weekend.... The entire hotel service was outstanding, especially the front Desk. There are a few beautiful luxury hotels in the Houston, Galleria. The Royal Sonesta is one at the top of my list.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Monte H, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Ted F,

We here at the Royal Sonesta would like to thank you so much for leaving your wonderful feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel and with our staff. We strive to exceed guest expectations so this lets us know that we are continuing to step in the right direction. We anxiously await your next visit with us.