“Average Place but not friendly young man at counter”

Super 8 Houston/Brookhollow NW
Ranked #357 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Los Angeles, California
“Average Place but not friendly young man at counter”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Bullet proof glass makes the front desk more secure than most banks but tells me no place to stay. If they get robbed that much. Doesn't help to communicate with the English as second language staff who get rude when you can't hear them through the thick glass and their thick Indian/Pakistan? accent. Breakfast and room were average but clean. There is a Chinese Buffet next door but the staff wouldn't comment on it so I opted for a chain deli called Jayson's which is a block away and very good. I picked this motel because the price was right. I would not go back unless it was under new management.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Meung Sur Loire
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I recently stayed at this property for 1 night. My choice was motivated by its location west of Houston, conveniently located for my next day travel to San Antonio.
Except for the location, I was very disappointed by this property. The staff was frawny and not welcoming at all. The rooms are a little bit run down. The breakfast item choice is very poor. I travel a lot across the USA, and frequently sleep in Super 8 motels because of my Wyndham loyalty program. I attest this property is below the average standard of the brand by a wide margin.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Stonewall, Louisiana
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel every time we come to Houston (Normally twice a year. Every time the staff has been excellent and the rooms were ready when we arrived. We will continue to use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 5, 2014

By far one of the WORST rooms I've had the misfortune of staying in. I booked a NON SMOKING ACCESSIBLE room online. I checked in went to my room (actually a large ash tray located on the second floor). I immediately went back to the office to inquire about another room. The attendant laughed and said ALL rooms are smoking and there were no more accessible rooms. I'm not so handicapped that I cant make it up the stairs but parking was another thing. VERY limited. Two handicapped spots, both taken by vehicles with no placards. I had to park in the back of the parking lot quite a ways away from my second floor ash tray room. I left and went to a local store to buy some Febreze. I sprayed the entire quart bottle about the room then left for dinner. Having only been in the room for approx. 30 mins my clothing was saturated with smoke smell. The next day, my colleagues I had to interact with at a business meeting made mention about the horrible smell my clothing carried.
The TV lineup was horrible as well. Very limited channel selection. Several latin channels and a couple of hindi channels as well. Nothing so normal such as A&E, history channel etc.
I knew the next morning I had def hit the wrong property when while standing in front of the bathroom mirror, I looked up and saw a syringe in the light fixture above me.
And again when going to the desk, I was laughed off by the attendant that could barely speak English.
So if you are looking for a room to smoke and do drugs in and deal with a manager that cant speak English then this is the property for you.

Room Tip: Stay away from this property
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Luling
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Well, this property was clean looking on the outside, when I walked into the lobby, I felt like I was in a bad area. The desk clerk was behind bullet proof glass, I ask if it was safe to stay, he said the glass was for protection, who was protecting me? The price, as a trip reward member and AARP was $48.00 again not bad for Houston. The interior of the room was well used but clean. The TV was a new 50". The only issue I had was the heat, there was none. It was 29-30 degrees outside and maybe 60 inside the room, after 30 minutes of letting it run, I called the front desk and the clerk said he could move me, by that time I was semi unpacked and spread out and I didn't want to walk back down to the front desk, get another key, repack and move. So I kept my jacket on while working at my laptop and remembering the the most heat loss is from one's head, I wrapped a towel around my head and was comfortable until I went to bed...and all was fine. I travel, 4 days a week in sales and would stay there again, it's a working-mans motel, not really a family place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business