“Nice renovated rooms.”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Bush Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #132 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night while in town visiting family. Found a good rate and knew we had a good breakfast to look forward to.

The hotel is currently updating the rooms, right now the floors 4-6 are complete, I did see three was in progress.

Wasn't very busy on a Saturday night.

I have to note that William was a very good server for breakfast, he went above and beyond for us.

I would suggest to anyone looking for a solid Garden Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel would make a perfect stay for a short overnight in the vicinity of Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). The hotel was undergoing renovations during my stay there, however they did not interrupt my rest. There appears to be new carpet and paint being applied to several floors, so there is a bit of that "new carpet" and "new paint" smell when you first enter the hotel. It was not too noticeable on the fifth and sixth floors where I stayed.
Rooms were typical for this level hotel - fairly roomy with either a King size or two Queen size beds. There was a cushiony chair in the corner (a bit stiff for my liking), as well as a desk with chair. The rooms also are equipped with microwaves, and a small bar fridge, and a flat panel TV. There are no safes in the rooms themselves. I found the Wifi to give pretty good speed, and it was easy to log on to. The staff entered my name into their computer by the time I reached my room, so WiFi was available immediately on both days I stayed there.
The bathroom was typical, with shower/tub, etc. Water pressure and temperature were great!
The hotel has its own restaurant, a small workout area, and a half-decent looking pool near the parking lot area.
Our arrival at the airport on both nights of my stay were fairly late (10:00 p.m. one night, and midnight the following night), and the shuttle pickup was a bit slow the first night, as we had not called right away. Even though they say the shuttle leaves the hotel every 30 minutes, I don't think this is the case late at night. The shuttle leaving for the airport the next afternoon was spot on, and did leave promptly at the scheduled time. It was a quick 7 minute ride to the airport. By the way, the shuttle is brand spanking new, and still has that "new vehicle" smell to it.
The only negative I have to say - and it really is not with the hotel - is the location. If you don't have business at the airport or the airport area, or don't have access to a car, this might not be the hotel for you. There really is not much around other than a few (and I mean very few) restaurants (24 hour "Hot Biscuit" next door, a Subway sandwich shop a block or so away, a gas station about 1 kilometre north towards the airport, and that's about it).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank London_Ontario_Kevin
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I admit I've had a pretty ruff day so I was already pretty grouchy. Upon arrival it was about 3 people ahead of me and some jerk that kept asking the clerk annoying questions. She looked, gave me a smile like the happiest clerk on earth. She offered me a drink and really made me forget about the long day I've witnessed. The bar was great, everyone was very nice. My tv didn't work and the enthusiastic receptionist sent someone to fix it right away. Close to the airport, good food, very nice people. I will definatly be back soon

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Needed one night near the airport after a long flight from the UK and I got this for $50 plus points via hhonors. You MUST call for the shuttle at the airport - unlike other hotels they do not operate a shuttle on a 30 min loop. I didn't know this and the hotel website does not mention it so after 20 mins I got a taxi to the hotel - an annoying start

On arrival check in was very friendly - we were offered a drinks voucher for the shuttle inconvenience. I really liked the reception staff as they were empowered and efficient - just what you need when things go wrong.

Room was a king bed - standard Hilton Garden Inn room (lots of dark green carpet :)) - clean, well maintained with an exceptionally comfy bed - more like a Sofitel than a Hilton. Top marks for a good nights sleep - hardly any airplane noise too.

Breakfast was fine - I had fruit, bagel and coffee & juice but there was cooked to order too. Waitress was lovely - really good at her job,

Shuttle back to airport leaves every 30 mins (on the hour/half hour) and as it was only us the kindly driver took us direct to the car rental lot which was much appeciated!

I would defintely use again if I needed a night before or after a flight at IAH.

Room Tip: Remember to call for the airport shuttle when you arrive - put the hotel number in your cell phone b...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I did a recent one night layover prior to a cruise out of Galveston. Arrived and called for their shuttle and was told it would be 20 minutes. Pleasantly surprised when it was only 5 or 6. Considering how close it was to the airport, that might be a standard line, it really only takes 5 minutes to drive to the airport from the hotel. My room was on the main floor, which I thought I would hate, but ended up being fairly convenient. The room was serviceable and the food was ok, good value for money, nothing special, but nothing to complain about either. I was up and out fairly early.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Mom and I had no problems with this hotel. Everything was clean, neat and smelled well. There was renovation going on on the higher floors but it did not affect our stay. Since it is near the airport, it was rather noisy early morning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Chwckin was very efficient and friendly. Nice breakfast and friendly staff. Good room and overall building appearance. Clean and quite. Shuttle service to airport. Booked from airport; phone was answered promptly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business