“Good for layover. Just ok”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Bush Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #123 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here on long layover. Shuttle to IAH is quick and convenient. However front desk staff put us in single room when obviously we were family and then our keys didnt work. Took us forever to get in our room. The free hot made to order breakfast was not there as promised. The morning restaurant staff was rude and offered no help. However, it's clean and fine.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 831travel

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here as a long layover at IAH. It was fine, although we thought a bit overpriced. Very safe yet very close to the airport, convenient shuttle, restaurant on location(we arrived at 9pm and had a decent meal there). Front desk staff very competent.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Chimara, Front Desk Associate, was first class, efficient and professional upon my arrival. Rooms have mircrowave and refrigerator for snacks. Located within minutes from IAH. Restaurant is available onsite. Warm, tasty cookies are available during the evening. Discount breakfast coupon (3.00 off) given to HHonors silver members, however, other Hilton Garden Inns give a complete free breakfast to the silver members (Houston/Katy). Room was clean and tidy. Business center and fitness center onsite. Great location for the business traveler.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Always a pleasure visiting this property. The staff is always helpful and pleasant to interact with for any situation. They always have an answer or will find one promptly. The location is convenient and central to most road arteries and the Intercontinental Airport.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've been staying now at the Hilton Garden Inn for the past 4 years. I haven't been here for 2 years until today. I was really amazed to find the same pleasant staff like Kiva and Dalsy still on board. It's seldom that you find such a low turnover at hotels these days. And, even better when the good employees stay.

Over the years I've been running a nice little 1.5 mile (2.50km) loop just behind the hotel. It's quiet, little traffic, well lit and secure. Turn left onto Kendrick Plaza, left at Diplomatic Plaza, left again at International, then left (back to the hotel) at the frontage road.

One slight problem in the morning, the breakfast restaurant didn't show my credit card as recorded, which would have meant running back upstairs to the fourth floor for cash or credit card. Just make sure at check-in that your credit cards are registered on the restaurant system for any incidentals. Fortunately, Dalsy and the front desk sorted out the problem. Otherwise, a really nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here overnight on the way to Galveston for a cruise, hotel is about 60 miles from Galveston cruise terminal, easy access to highway. Staff was pleasant and helpful. I drove to Houston, but was meeting family who had to fly in the drive to Galveston, so this was perfect. Easy access to hotel off the interstate, free parking, and those that flew in took the free shuttle from the airport. We ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant, everything was fast and friendly, sorry about someone else's lunch, but it could be "seminar" cuisine.
I would definately stay here again esp for the convienience, price was well within reason.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a dental education seminar. We ordered our lunches for the seminar and for $17.95 we got iced tea, a sandwich, and fries. Just a bit overpriced for the mediocre quality of food. When we were served lunch, the fries were cold like they had been sitting for a long time.
After the seminar I returned to my room and housekeeping had been in there during the day to tidy up. I changed my clothes for dinner and when I looked for my jewelry box, it was missing. I waited for at least 20 minutes after calling the front desk about this before calling again to find out if the manager was ever going to come up to my room. She finally showed up after another 20 minutes, and didn't bring any forms for me to fill out, just a notepad to write down my contact information. She stated she didn't have passwords to look up who was assigned from housekeeping and would have to wait until Monday for the General Manager to follow-up. I waited all day Monday for a call but finally had to call this manager myself, who still had no answers and stated she would follow up with me after questioning the housekeeper and checking the lock for which keys had been used. It has now been 2 more days and still have heard nothing from them. Nothing but incompetence and complete lack of caring about this disturbing situation. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Natzo0923
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Bush Intercontinental Airport? Share your experiences!