“Cold food and jewelry stolen!”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Bush Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #117 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Cold food and jewelry stolen!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a dental education seminar. We ordered our lunches for the seminar and for $17.95 we got iced tea, a sandwich, and fries. Just a bit overpriced for the mediocre quality of food. When we were served lunch, the fries were cold like they had been sitting for a long time.
After the seminar I returned to my room and housekeeping had been in there during the day to tidy up. I changed my clothes for dinner and when I looked for my jewelry box, it was missing. I waited for at least 20 minutes after calling the front desk about this before calling again to find out if the manager was ever going to come up to my room. She finally showed up after another 20 minutes, and didn't bring any forms for me to fill out, just a notepad to write down my contact information. She stated she didn't have passwords to look up who was assigned from housekeeping and would have to wait until Monday for the General Manager to follow-up. I waited all day Monday for a call but finally had to call this manager myself, who still had no answers and stated she would follow up with me after questioning the housekeeper and checking the lock for which keys had been used. It has now been 2 more days and still have heard nothing from them. Nothing but incompetence and complete lack of caring about this disturbing situation. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Natzo0923

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We came in late from a flight to IAH on Saturday. We called from the courtesy phone in baggage claim and they gave us a room for $50/night.

The hotel near the airport are for the most part in industrial area and sketchy area. You are limited in your choice of food. The hotel itself was typical Hilton although I thought that this one was a bit run down compared to most Garden Inns. The bed was the worst I have had in a Hilton. For 50, the room was just the right price for a quick stay over. We ended staying at the Holiday Inn just across the highway for less and it was probably better. All in all, it was a below average, slightly worn Hilton. I was disappointed.

Room Tip: Call from courtesy phone and ask for a rate quote from IAH and catch the shuttle.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Did not get my wake up call. Was told that I could catch the shuttle to the airport anytime to discover that it was every 30 minutes on the half hour at 5:10am. Internet service in my room was spotty at best. Windows do not open and my room smelled of strong cleaning products. The desk clerk on the night shift was incomprehensible and did not seem to care when I complained about not getting my wake up call and about the shuttle. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevator if you need to use the Internet. Mine was at the very end of t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sheila C
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Hotel in an excellent position for the airport ( a little far out of city centre of that's what you need ) breakfast and meal menu good , friendly staff. Nice clean pool( could be visually blocked from view of car park would be nice) good little gym. Most important good price, I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed October 18, 2012

After missing a connecting flight back to Raleigh, we ended up finding this hotel at nearly 9pm.

Pros:
- Good food even though they were about 10 minutes to close. Consistent, good quality, and fair prices
- Room was clean
- Room had relatively updated decor. It didn't feel old our out of date.

Cons:
- Price of the room was about double what it should have been (199 vs. 109)
- Front desk could have been better. Late night was very busy and wasn't answering the phone. Then didn't take the time to go through all the steps when we checked in. The early morning front desk was not knowledgeable about the hotel (area or airport) and didn't have any answers. Then there was this security guard hanging around (we are talking about 5:30am) who was very rude when "trying to help" the inexperienced front desk clerk
- Shuttle driver was unpleasant. First off, he wasn't willing to wait for me and then the next round after he got back from the airport (half an hour later) he didn't want to communicate to the whole group of people waiting and was instead more focused on hanging out with the co-workers inside than leaving on time and getting everybody in the shuttle and off to the airport.

Overall good hotel. We were only there for a few hours, so didn't get a great deal of time to try out all the amenities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
High Point
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I recently was super delayed in Bush Intercontinental due to weather, and I made the decision to stay in Houston because I was going to miss my connection in Atlanta. I booked a room at the nearby Hilton Garden Inn. They have a shuttle running to and from the airport, but you need to call them, so they know to pick you up. The rooms were nice and clean, and I had a pleasant stay. I ate in the hotel’s restaurant, and I found the food very good. They also have a small bar and small gym. Overall, I thought it was a great stay by the airport.

Room Tip: Make sure you call them if you need to be picked up at the airport.
Euless, Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Room was nice albeit slightly outdated. Beds were great, breakfast was fantastic, all in all a wonderful stay. Staff was friendly and efficient, check-in was extremely fast. I would definitely stay here again. Also worth it to note that the desk chair was the most comfortable of any hotel I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quietest, south side faces away from the runways less jet engine roar.