“Pristine Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Bush Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #116 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pristine Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is the standard HGI in pristine condition. Spotless, shining with a friendly staff. Good place to stay in relation to trips out of Bush Houston airport. Excellent breakfast but you should plan on eating dinner elsewhere. Pricey for a Garden Inn - i guess t's whatever the traffic will bear. I recommend this hotel for stays related to the airport.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed August 18, 2011

For once, I do NOT miss home. We have been provided everything we could possible need. The staff here are wonderful. The facility has fitness equipment with personal television. I worked out for an hour to my favorite show. I will surely recommend this hotel and speak highly of it to others.

Room Tip: We are on the second floor. Room non-smoking. Great A/C
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We just spent 2 nights at this hotel and we couldn't be more happier with our stay. I'm very critical of hotels because I've had some bad experiences with them. However, this hotel is in great condition and the staff is very friendly & helpful. The rooms were comfortable and charming.

The only downside to this location is that there are only a few restaurants nearby. Stay away from the 24 hr. restaurant next door to the hotel as the food was awful. You can find a lot of great restaurants by taking 8 Beltway W to I-45 N and they're just a couple of Exits up on I-45. You can't miss them. Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ddmscool
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We were very suprised and happy we stayed here. The staff was great, food was very good and the room was up to date and very good amenities. Almost like being at home, but not quite home.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ddmscool
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed at this property before and all was good but now the property has transformed. When we arrived our car had a leaking tank and we were leaving for two weeks. The front desk lady helped beyond belief. She instructed me to a Nissan dealer at my request and took our overnight bag into storage. The dealer delivered the car to the hotel and the front desk handled the whole transaction. We arrived back on the hotel shuttle which they run two seeing our car and the manager which was watching and helping the entire desk especially with customers that their flight had been cancled. These were great feelings after a long flight. This Hilton rates with the best ones along with the nice beds and quiet dark cool rooms. We were so thankful for the entire staff and especially the front desk and okay best of all the shuttle drive that made the circle to get us when he got the call...ijs! Thanks again will stay again...by the way the cookies are good too!

Room Tip: Request a middle of house room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MauiPigFarmer
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We were sent by airline to the hotel and I was actually glad it was a Hilton as I am a Diamond member. Although I didn't expect any perks, I hoped it would be a nice property. I was wrong!!! We had to call for the shuttle twice before finally getting picked up. When we got to the hotel at midnight, I identified myself as a Diamond member. Before I finished my sentence, Josh - at the front desk - told me Hilton membership didn't matter and shoved a key envelope in my hand. My husband and I went to the assigned room, opened the door and found people asleep in the room. We went back downstairs - only to be given a room that smelled like an ash tray! On the third try, we finally got an uninhabited, clean room. I called down for a 4am wake-up call and went to sleep. I'm glad my husband also set his watch alarm as the wake-up call never came!

My family was waiting outside for the the shuttle at 6:15 and a line soon formed. The driver - Clarence - started filling up the shuttle with people from the back of the line. When my son informed Clarence that we were first in line and should be on the first shuttle out, Clarence told him he was wrong and proceeded to fill up the vehicle with others.

I travel to Houston once a month for business. You can bet I will NEVER use that Hilton and I've already informed our office not to send any of our out-of-town clients to that property.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Mirth60
Boston
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My reservation at a different Hilton Garden Inn was already a bit troubled, because the hotel was over-booked and they told me I was going to be sent to another hotel (which they weren't going to name over the phone.) In the process of going there, I was accidentally driven to THIS hotel by my cab driver (there are several HIlton Garden Inns in the Houston area.) Instead of trying to deal with traveling to the "correct" one in a second cab ride, only to be then taking a *third* cab to the overflow hotel, I decided I would simply stay at the one I was at. Namely, this one.

At first, the staff behind the counter was a bit off-putting; acting somewhat rude and incredulous about my arrival. Instead of trying to figure out where I should be, he simply handed me the phone to the corporate office to deal with the situation myself. That being said, after sorting things out and deciding to stay there (by paying for it, not for comp which is what *should* have happened,) the late night desk clerk's mood improved somewhat, and he ordered some dinner delivery for me. A little can go a long way, but I think the staff could be a tad more helpful. I'm going to follow up with Hilton to see about having my bill at the airport Inn comped since I stayed there instead of the other overflow hotel.

The room itself was quite clean and seemed well-maintained. There's nothing remarkable about the building or rooms, but also no complaints. The high speed internet worked fine for me to finish my final business items before crashing in the surprisingly comfortable bed. I slept well and freshened up.

The price per night was on the high side given the class, and its proximity to the airport is definitely a factor in the cost. While this wouldn't be my first choice for business travel in Houston with the longer drive to downtown etc, it is a more than acceptable back-up plan.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business