Carefree Inn Houston Medical Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I chose this motel mainly for its reasonable price and free shuttle to the medical center. I was pleasantly surprised to find a very nice, very clean place with folks who remember you from the minute you walk in. Sure it had no frills and few amenities, but all I wanted was a clean bed and shower and this definitely has it. Also provided a fridge, microwave and TV with a continental breakfast. I would definitely stay here again if I need a hotel room in that area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I stayed here for almost a week, and I can't say enough great things about the staff. They ensured I got to the hospital on time everyday, and called me just to make sure I had a ride home and that I made it back to the hotel ok. Such a great thing when traveling by myself (and when traveling on a budget). Completely exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank et813
Reviewed February 13, 2011

This place is pretty good. What makes it the best is the employees there. They will go out of their way to help you in whatever way necessary. Supposedly the hotel was built in the 40s or 50s and it's been renovated in the past year or two. I'd say that they've done a pretty good job renovating.

Most people staying at this hotel are people who are going to the nearby cancer center and they usually stay for multiple days. Since my wife and I had to stay at this place for multiple days, being able to use the kitchen improved the stay so much. The design and decor of the kitchen makes you feel at home. There are nice dishes, utensils, pots, and pans that you can use in the kitchen. Being able to make your own food in their kitchen makes the stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe30196
Reviewed February 1, 2011

The air conditioner in the original room we got seemed have some problem. After changed to another room, it is very nice! But, there is a problem: the signal of WiFi is too weak, you have to go to the office to use internet.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mkyccl
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We have stayed a few times at Carefree Inn when we see our grandson who is at Texas Children's Hospital. The shuttle saved a lot of stress driving to hospital with all the construction and closed streets. We feel like we are coming to our home, everyone is so friendly and welcome us on each visit. I look forward to the next trip to Houston to see my grandson and our friends at Carefree Inn.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business