See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

This is a little gem of a place for those needing an inexpensive place to stay when traveling to the Medical Center. The facility is older but is very clean and top notch bedding which was very comfortable. And they offer a free shuttle to the med ctr! The shuttle driver is very kind and courteous, and is also very prompt to pick up and drop off. There is also a continental breakfast available at 7am. You just can't beat it if you need an inexpensive place to stay while traveling to the med ctr! I didn't need to get a rent a car at all because of the shuttle service. I just took Uber from the airport to the hotel which is about 10 min from the med ctr.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2017

A good hotel is where the feel of home is which is truly valid for CAREFREE INN
HOUSTON. It has provided me splendid facilities that have acceptable and adequate
standards of services. Competent staff and milieu has provided me an optimistic view ofthe hotel. Also the management of the hotel is magnificent and phenomenal that manages to provide refined services to all the visitors. I would thank the hotel for such an irie and pleasurable experience.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank SachinS2551
Reviewed September 8, 2016

Room 144 upstairs. Me and my boyfriend visited this place for 1 night. When we got there we didn't know where the light switch were at. We had issues with the cable, tv, and the remote control. So the time we were in there trying to figure things out about what's wrong the office said we spent to long in the room, over 5 minutes and would not refund the money. Had we known about these things we would have been long gone. The microwave didn't heat up our food in the room. On top of all that i woke up the next morning in that hotel room with spiders bites all over my body.

Room tip: Not this hotel ever
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Latehours, Guest Relations Manager at OYO Inn Houston Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2016

Dear Breana,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Your feedback is very important to us. Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

I allowed my niece to handle reserving a room for one night and she found and booked our stat at the carefree motel. We arrived at the Hotel at approx. 10:30 pm after having spent the whole day at the hospital and were a bit surprised to see two Houston PD patrol cars parked in the front. My sister and mom went in to check in and after they checked in my sister told me that the clerk said she had she been held at gunpoint and that she had been robbed. We should of just left and stayed elsewhere, but we were too tired and exhausted. When I entered my room, it smelled like an old ashtray with really bad air freshener masking the smell. The hotel is a very old Motel 6 that has seen minimal remodeling. The exterior damage and rot has been covered up with corrugated aluminum panels and cedar boards. The Hotel is trying to pass it all off as a western "Motif" hotel, but the interior of the rooms have seen little remodeling and so the exterior just comes off as looking "cheesy" Our bathroom had new ceramic tile, but the tub was old and the flooring in the room was inexpensive "peel and stick" tile. The area was very dark and there were lots of "unsavory individuals" walking around. I pushed the old dresser in front of the entrance as a security measure. We woke as soon as the sun broke, got all of our things together and left. I would not recommend this place to anyone The money you might save is not worth your safety being compromised.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Albert,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at Carefree Inn in Houston, TX. I am quite surprised by your feedback and wish you brought it to our attention prior to leaving the hotel. Further, please accept my sincere apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. Thanks again for your time, and please be assured I have shared your feedback to for improvement. Hope you will give us another chance when you are in the area.

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

I don't know where you got all the good reviews? My wife and I got a list of hotels and Carefree Inn was on it .It was cheap so we took it.She paid for 2days we didn't know how long we would be there? We got there about the next morning about 12:30am,still paid for 2 days. Inside and out the hotel looked like a 3 world country hotel .You say on paper list of hotels you remodel the hotel?P.S. what Year? But I will say on a Very good note ladies there or Real Nice and Friendly. Inside the room it was clean.That night we heard alot screaming,and heard people fighting. I went outside to see a partly nude lady looking out the window. Other man up stairs banging on doors. That morning a car alarm went off, it was not our car.As I was packing my wife's car I got hit on bye half nude transvestite. I should of had my baseball bat...??? As we were checking out my wife told the lady at front desk. That night before we left,there was cars kept coming to one room and leaving?? What was that about??? Me stay at that hotel...Never...Never!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank X6137WRvincentb
Latehours, Guest Relations Manager at OYO Inn Houston Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2016

Dear Vincent,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.Your feedback is very important to us.Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to prevent future occurrence. We appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Sincerely, Glo