“Third Stay - Felt at Home!”

Carefree Inn Houston Medical Center
Ranked #334 of 508 Hotels in Houston
El Paso, Texas
“Third Stay - Felt at Home!”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

This was our third stay at Carefree Inn in 2011 due to the need to travel 750 miles from home to get treatment at Texas Medical Center. The entire staff tried to accommodate our needs and when we didn't have to stay as long as planned, we had no problem getting a refund for the days cancelled at the last minute. We will always stay at Carefree because of the location, price, and kind staff. They make you feel right at home.

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the back side away from traffic (top floor).
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Amsterdam
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I chose the Carefree Inn medical center because it was on my route and because I was curious after seeing the photos on Tripadvisor. I am always looking for special unique hotels with good reviews and this seemed nice.
The decoration is awesome and it definitely makes you feel being in a one of kind motel.
The guy and girl at the front desk were very nice and asked if it was our first time in Houston.
After getting the room they came by to ask if everything was ok and to bring coffee, water and some candy. That was so nice ! The room had a laminated floor which I like because it's very hygienic, so bring your slippers. The pattern of the bed covers was also nice. The rooms are a bit old but clean and well maintained. I could see there once were pink tiles in the bathroom and I wish they would bring those back and restore it! The fact that there's a kitchen is very nice, you can bring your own food, store it in the fridge and prepare it. Breakfast was very basic, I had to look in the fridge for some gelly and I found some but I felt like eating someone's gelly, so if was yours I'm sorry ;)
Location is very good and close to the shopping centre and everything. Overall very good and it totally satisfied our needs !

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bosbes
Brownsville, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Staff is very friendly , convinience of kitchen is great. This is the BEST option FOR its PRICE RANGE , I have stayed in several hotels in the houston medical area, and this is the only one we have come back to beacuse of the service.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Salem, India
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Front desk was helpful specifically Mr Huang.
Room was decent, can be improved better.
Free wifi, fridge and microwave oven at room are in good condition
Shuttle service was superb
Daily free breakfast was total letdown.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I've realized that hotels under 70-80 per night are going to come with a fair share of issues. But when you're on a tight budget your willing to deal with a few of those. I will list those issues I experienced. The initial room I got (136) had an issue with the lights. The only light that worked was the bathroom light. Once I got light I noticed red stains in the comforter that immediately registered in my head as blood. Changed rooms. The second room was fine except for a few dark stains on the sheets and a loosely shutting door that had signs of forced entry. Both rooms had that strong hotel scented perfume, with no traces of cigarette smell. Included was a free small breakfast, not much to choose from but it was nice.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank DavidLee81
Latehours, Customer Relation at Carefree Inn Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Thank you very much for your review after your stay with us. We are so sorry about about the experience you had during your stay. We have already done the deep clean of room 136 and found out the red stain you saw actually was the red nail polish. We renovated some rooms last year and changed the lights switch to timer for being a "Green" hotel property. That's the reason why you might not find the way to open the lights in the room. We do apologize for all the issues that you had for your stay. We appreciate any of our guests' comments that is the key to drive our service to be better and better. We do hope you will give us another chance to welcome your next visiting in Houston, thank you again!

Carefree Inn Houston/Feeling of Houston, Feeling of Texas, Feeling of Home!
Jacksonville
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stayed here for almost a whole month. Never had any problems. Coffee was always ready for me very early in the morning. Friendly staff. The only complaint I have is they need to update their gym. They have one very loud treadmill and a bike that's probably from the 1970s. Other than that everything was great.

• Stayed October 2011
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I can't begin too explain how excellent this hotel was! The location, the rooms, the staff, everything was GREAT! I usually don't do reviews but this hotel deserves one, if there was a problem or I needed anything the staff were there for me. The rooms were clean and the bed was nice and comfortable. Coffee was fresh and ready, fruits were nice and cold and there was also cake and watermelon! I will definitely be returning too Carefree Inn when I'm in town!

• Stayed October 2011