“Almost an icon”

Sherlock's Baker Street Pub
Ranked #4,128 of 8,435 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: British
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This place has been around quite awhile. The upper bar is the nicest area with a full compliment of international beers and whiskies. The lower area is the younger crowd with live music. There is a great Marriott next door that houses a lot of British oil and gas customers so they end up at the upper bar quite often.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have gone to Sherlock's every now and then since it opened and it has never really changed. I would rate it as ok but I think bars have passed into a new era and Sherlock's seems stuck in the past. Maybe I am just getting old. They do serve good cold beer which is not a bad thing in July in Houston.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Have been there only once, was friday and there was a live band playing. The sound system simply sucked and loudness was horrible enough not to allow to speak with anybody at all. Just stand and stare.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Like many others I too was staying at the Marriot hotel just round the corner, sometimes it's just great to escape and find a nice little place to go. The staff here were very friendly, the selection of beer is great and you have the option of darts and pool etc if that's what you want. There was a strong security presence outside asking for ID but when you go to the US you kinda learn it's not age they are looking for just some formal identification and I don't have a problem with that. I'd recommend this place to anybody in the west chase area, if I had to be critical it would be I wish they served food.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was staying at a local hotel and walked to Sherlock's hoping for a cold beer and dinner. I walked in and nobody came to seat me, I felt like something was strange so I walked to the bar and asked where I sit to eat, they told me they had no kitchen and did not serve food. I have to say, first time I have ever been to a place that didn't serve food, at least "bar food". I ended up leaving but wanted others to know in advance, if you are just looking for a drink, this might be your place, if your looking for food too, look elsewhere.

1  Thank JCFOhio