“BW always good and getting better”

Best Western Plus Downtown Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed at 4 different property's for a total of 10 days in June. No problems or issues at all. The BW brand is improving and the customer service is great. Try one and judge for yourself. The hotels chain is currently upgrading all property's as well and the morning meal has improved greatly.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Other than the hard partying and noise next to our room on the first night, the stay is quite comfortable in a very clean hotel. Breakfast had a nice variety of food and drinks. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed at this hotel so my husband could go to doctor appointment in medical center. Brought the grandkids along so they could enjoy a night out and swim in the pool. Pool was very nice but cold. Stayed in hot tub most of time. Free breakfast was ok but nothing special. The evening happy hour was not much to write about either. The hotel offered a few selections of beer and wine. They had some sort of eggrolls for the food offering...didn't try them. Hotel staff were extremely nice. Let us hang out after check out and swim in the pool while waiting on my husband to return. Easy hotel to get to and location was great for downtown access.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is a great value for the price, it is close to downtown and also has a shuttle van. The area seems to be ok, the pool is small but the hotel staff were great. The breakfast spread was super and the attendant kept the coffee going along with the hot food. The carpet had just been changed in teh hotel and the spa was out temporarily. Also, the happy hour is wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I travel once a year for an event and have previously stayed at the Hyatt Downtown and the Doubletree. This year I opted for the BWPlus as it was more conveniently located for my needs. This is a unique little hotel. I was immediately impressed by the freshly baked cookies, friendly check-in, cool lobby. It appears they are doing some new carpeting so I will look forward to that for next year. Our 2 full bed room was plenty big and nicely appointed. The bedding was great and I slept well both nights. Bottled water and Milano cookies were provided in our room along with a Keurig. Nice touches. My big disappointment was that the hot tub's heater was broken and we could sit in cold bubbly water but what is the point? I booked the room due to the closeness for our needs AND the hot tub. : \ The breakfast was typical but I do feel the breakfast attendant could have been a little more observant. She was slow to replace emptied items. The waffle syrup was out the 35 minutes I was there and I finally asked for biscuits. She brought out one. For me. And it was ice cold. I asked if I could microwave it and she took me back to her area and let me wave it but she wasn't very friendly about it. There was eggs but the bacon was out. Bacon finally brought out but now no eggs. Just a little slow for the amount of people that were trying to get their breakfast. I will stay again. But I will call first to make sure the hot tub is functional!

1  Thank Haywhitmom
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have enjoyed my stay at the above Best Western Hotel many times on my trips to Houston. I plan on staying there again for my business trips. I like the location of the hotel and the price is reasonable compared to other hotels in the area. This hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and the rooms are very clean and comfortable to stay in.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My first reaction when I saw my travel agent had booked me in a Best Western, frankly was disappointment. I travel 2 or 3 weeks a month so am pretty choosy where I stay. My company pays all my expenses however, I still like to be careful how I spend my company's money. I usually stay at more upscale properties.
However, I was completely happy with my entire experience at this hotel. Everything was excellent!

1  Thank gsutton57