“Great Deal!!”

Best Western Plus Downtown Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I must say I really enjoyed my stay here! Very close to downtown without the downtown prices. The staff was great as well. I enjoyed the free parking! Thank you to all of the staff for assuring my family and I had a great stay!

Room Tip: High as possible
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jamie H
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Downtown Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed here for three nights for our oldest daughter's wedding at nearby Holy Rosary Chruch. The hotel is close to downtown, but far enough away to avoid the traffic and noise. They have free parking (though paid parking is only $2 a day around the hotel), a shuttle to downton during the week, and free snacks, wine and beer Monday through Thursday afternoons. The place is super clean, the staff helpful and the pool very nice. The only thing we would like to see is the availability of at least a few larger rooms. Their largest room has only two queen beds and they have no roll aways, so our family of six needed two rooms (which gets expensive).

Room Tip: The elevator is kind of slow, so pick a room downstairs if you don't like to wait or have troubl...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank richdm
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is a really nice hotel, a BW Plus, so it is closer to a higher priced chain than the normal BW. Our room was large and very clean, the bed was comfortable, and of course it comes with the usual complimentary breakfast (which was excellent) and parking. The location to downtown cannot be beat. Overall, this was a great experience and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Did not try the restaurant except for free breakfast.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank russkwtx
Reviewed July 15, 2012

A two-night stay here for work was a great experience. The hotel's location, less than five minutes' drive from downtown, but at half the cost, was great. Breakfast was decent. The room was spacious and convenient.

Overall, no complaints at all, and I'd certainly stay here again on a future trip to Houston.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank okazon69
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was looking for a hotel near downtown Houston to be near family. Usually we bypass Best Western but this hotel had wonderful reviews so I decided to give it a whirl. My husband and I stayed there for one night and it was good. Our King-bed room was roomy and pleasant. Sofa, chair, desk, mini-fridge, microwave etc. The bed was AWESOME (and I'm not easy to please). Our room was on the 4th floor, very quiet and cool. The flat screen TV was new. Helpful and friendly staff.

The breakfast was crazy good. Scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles (make yourself), cereal, bagels, biscuits, fruit, yogurt, 3 kinds of coffee if that's your thing, very tasty. The eggs were moist and flavorful, the real deal. Good job BW. I would suggest more rate discounts. Otherwise, this hotel is a very good property.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mpwdmom
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed here because we needed a place in a pinch and so I went on Trip Advisor and saw this was ranked the #5 hotel in Houston.

Based on that we stayed here - and I have to say I wasn't super impressed.

The staff we VERY helpful and great but the hotel is just a little run down and eighties-ish.
Everything although clean just look kind of old and dinky.

It was fine for the one night I stayed there but next time I would probably keep looking around to find something more modern.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ronnizia
Reviewed June 10, 2012

If you need to be in (or near) downtown Houston for a couple of days, don't look any further. The hotel is clean, the rooms are huge with huge TV's, every room has a fridge and a microwave, there's a complimentary breakfast and a "happy hour" during which you get free drinks and snacks.
That is all very well, but what really makes your stay at this hotel worth your money is the very personal approach of the staff. Of course you can go to hospitality monsters like the Double Tree which is actually IN downtown Houston and not NEAR it, but you'll feel like a number, like a soulless statistic out there.
So I'd say don't go to those horrible, huuuge hotels IN downtown Houston, just take this one. You'll love it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business