“Very Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #3 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Nashville, Tennessee
“Very Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Honestly, Best Western isn't a chain I normally stay with when I travel for business which is very often. There was something going on in the area and this was very close to my last option. Now, I'm returning to Houston later this month and will definitely be staying there again. It was a wonderful surprise. The entire hotel was very nice AND clean. The rooms were amazing. I would never have expected a room that size. Extremely comfortable including the bed. The breakfast was also great although I would like to have had hot, already prepared oatmeal and other options in fresh fruit HOWEVER that sounds really picky when you consider the variety of options that were available. Good job to all who work there! Thanks for giving me an all new impression of this Best Westerns!! As a note, this is called "Downtown" and the location is quite convenient, however, you should know that it isn't a convenient location for walking to restaurants. On the other hand, it has great parking that you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for so that isn't so bad. I'll still be choosing it and making the short drive (long walk) to the many great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RetaginTN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed for 4 days, and the staff was amazing! I asked Jo at the front desk about the closest pharmacy, and she checked with me the next day to see if I got to one, or if I needed to still get some things. Sonny, the shuttle driver, would take me. He seemed to be a my beck and call, even though I know he drove everyone around. And Cynthia, the bar tender, laughed at all my jokes (which can be quite a feat)! Very cordial and a great host!

Oh, and the rooms where spacious, clean, and since I ate my cookies each day, on my last day, they left me two packs!

A really wonderful stay!

1 Thank Karen H
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This hotel is on the outskirts of the main downtown areas but within walking, cab or shuttle distance. It is my understanding the hotel shuttle is very accommodating though we did not use it. Staff was very friendly, warm and inviting. Our room was HUGE, a nice king bed, clean sheets, a/c very cold, big screen tv with cable, hbo and movie channels. The room also had a fridge, microwave, complimentary water, coffee and cookies. There is a pool outside, one downside is there is not access from the inside of the hotel making it a bit less user friendly, though it is very clean and well maintained. The have a complimentary breakfast with several choices including eggs, waffles, sausage, cereal, biscuits and gravy, fruit, raisins etc. I still think the price is much too high but compared to other hotels downtown I found it to be very reasonable. If you walk around at night watch out for the occasional beggar or two or three…

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Crytle
Little Rock
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I highly recommend a stay at this Best Western. The rooms were very clean and the staff went out of their way to take care of my group of business associates.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 27, 2012

On a recent business trip to Houston I had the opportunity to stay at Best Western Plus Inns and Suites in downtown Houston. The rooms were clean, updated, and spacious. I have been in "big name" hotels that were not even close to being as nice as the room at Best Western Plus. The staff is over the top friendly and customer oriented. If you have business in downtown Houston you can't go wrong staying here!

Cut Off, LA
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Great Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms, and great Service. They also provide shuttle service Downtown, which is a very short ride.

Oxford, Michigan
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My visit to Texas was not for pleasure. I was there to attend the murder trial for my brother. The staff was very helpful and caring. Our rooms and the hotel were very clean and comfortable. I can not find one thing bad too say. I would like to give a big shout out to Sonny. He drove the shuttle and dropped us off every day and picked us up from the courthouse when we were ready. This took so much stress off us. Houston traffic sticks and he was an awesome navigator:) The hotel went out of there way to help us. If I ever have to return to Houston this is where I will be staying.

1 Thank sherry K