Best Western Plus Downtown Inn & Suites
  • Room Service
Hotel Alessandra(Houston)
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmilano cookiesbest westernsinternational quilt festivalbottled waterrooms are hugesecurity guardexcellent breakfastfree breakfasthot tubgreat hotelmuseum districta great staythe shuttle driverfree shuttleyogurtminute drivethe entire hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I love this simple hotel! Sparkling clean with extrodinarily comfortable beds tucked into spacious rooms.

It clings to the outskirts of down town and offers free shuttles for the out and about. The staff is efficient and carrying...they fussed more than I did when I thought I lost my phone.

The entire hotel is a non-smoking oasis.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank Acorns_CA
Reviewed January 22, 2011

The hote is immaculate! Rooms are very clean and the beds are so comfortable with down comforters and pillows. Every morning, we were greeted with a delicious breakfast bar filled with scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, bagels, fruit, coffee, juice, cold cereal, hot cereal, and more--it was wonderful! Plus, we had free bottled water available to us at all times and they have a happy hour at 5pm where we would start our evening with a few glasses of wine and snacks. The staff was personable and helpful. We especially got to know Sonny--he's the man to see when in Houston. He recommended 3 restaurants to us and they were all outstanding. I had the best steak I've ever had and Sonny pointed the way! He drove the shuttle van and took us where we need to go. Our other colleagues stayed at the Hilton, Hyatt, and Crowne Plaza. Little 'ole Best Western had them all beat!!! Our stay cost about 1/3 less and we had all the great perks!! One colleague commented that her bottled water was $3.50 at the Hilton. I cannot rave enough about this hotel. I will be returning to Houston for another conference in the future and will stay at the Best Western.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank suzymt
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I was in town on business, and this hotel happened to be closest to the office. It is very well kept. The rooms are big and clean. The beds are extremely comfortable. The bathrooms are clean. Breakfast is decent - good variety of hot and cold fare. Check in was no hassle. It's a great place if your in town on business or otherwise.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Matt H
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I've stayed at the Best Western Downtown Houston on so many occasions now, I thought it would only be fitting to send in my review. Over the last five years, I have come to know the hotel staff so well; we are all on a first-name basis; they recognize my voice when I call in to make a reservation. Feels like home almost. They receive high points for: cleanliness of the hotel (always), very close proximity to downtown Houston (literally two blocks away), friendly staff, pretty lively happy hour (at times). Very important is the feeling that I am always safe there; since I travel alone most times, this is a very good thing!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank desaHouston_Texas
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Great hotel just outside of downtown Houston. Very friendly staff, they remembered my name after two stays. Free shuttle to and from anywhere in the downtown area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business