“Great food and great value”

Yao Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #637 of 8,142 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
“Great food and great value”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Love this place
The food quality is as good if not better than PF Changs with a lot more selection and better price.
Don't let decor fool you not as fancy decorating but the food is awesome
Ask if Kim is working if so you will love the wonderful service and great attention

Houston, Texas
“Been here many times -LOVE IT!”
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is right down the street from where I live, and I have been there countless times. It is so easy to drop in for an order to go (I always get a gin & tonic at the bar while I wait), and I have enjoyed a sit-down dinner with family there almost as frequently. The food is great - I love the sesame chicken, chicken lettuce wraps, and fried rice. You get plenty, so there is always some left over for a meal or 2 later in the week. I am grateful this place is so convenient and yummy. I'd be lost without it!!

1 Thank saxwhit
tomball
“One of our favorites!!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We go to Yao's at least 2-3 times a month and it's great everytime. There are a few dishes that are better than others but that is simply taste and opinion. Really the only complaint is the services from some of the servers. Most are slow and absent minded and but they are all very nice. I recommend requesting Angel HE IS THE BEST!!!!! Very nice date place, wonderful atmosphere...kind of romantic (low lighting and such). My recommendations.....lunch make sure to get wonton soup with your meal and ask for crispy noodles to put in the soup..crazy amazing....it's the best in Houston. as far as entree....kung pao shrimp, orange peel chicken, sweet and sour chicken, general tso's.....the best is Yao's flavored shrimp. fan-flippin-tastic!!!! the combo fried rice is great too (ask them to add bean sprouts). What to stay away from.....wonton soup from the soup menu called Mrs. Yaos wonton soup (i think thats what its called). They actually make a different soup for that and it smells like feet and tastes worse. Anyway....go and enjoy.

• Visited March 2012
Pinoso, Spain
“Great food, this is restaurant is not connected to the one downtown.”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

This restaurant is in no way connected to the one downtown with the same name.
We were taken here by a colleague of my husband who took us into the bar to show us the basketball memorabilia and then for a meal in the restaurant. We had never heard of Yao Ming (the restaurant owner) before this, we still don’t know anything about basketball, but we loved the food here!! The chicken egg rolls were fantastic (according to my husband) as was his main course, I had wonderful vegetarian options. We enjoyed it so much we came back later that week. Both times we had Angel as our waiter. What a wonderful friendly and helpful man, can’t praise him enough. Muchas gracias nuestro amigo! Hasta la próxima vez!

• Visited November 2011