“Made to order”

Real Food
Ranked #4,261 of 8,310 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was on a short layover at the Bush International Airport in Houston and needed to grap a quick bite. I stumbled on Real Food Company and was glad I did. It has a deli where you can order your sandwich made the way you want it. I ordered a turkey with Swiss on whole wheat and all the trimmings. I also picked up an already made green salad. I was not disappointed. Everything was fresh and good. I also grabbed a chocolate chip cookie. Yummy! You can get other things at Real Food such as pizza, BBQ, burgers and a full range of breakfast food. I will come again.

1  Thank Dale H
There are newer reviews for Real Food

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Traveling through Houston's International Airport yesterday evening was a horrid experience: increased lines in Immigration where they ran us like cattle through one corridor after another, onto machines to check ourselves in, back into lines for another half an hour to hand the paperwork spewed out by the machines to an agent whereby you're next sent to pick up your luggage and get into yet an even longer line to pass through another station. But wait, the luggage did not arrive. So half an hour watching the carousel spin and asking agents for assistance with luggage that hadn't been dispensed by the airline staff. They tell me to file a claim at the next airport. Into the very long line with everyone else who has their luggage to get questioned as to why I have none. Duh. Up through the terminal to go through another checkpoint where I get to remove shoes, sweater, etc. for the third time today and go through a scanner. But wait, having been upset about the lost luggage, I'd placed my water bottle in my backpack. So, my backpack gets thoroughly searched and I have to go through the same process again sans water. Shoes off, scanned and sent on my way more than 2-1/2 hours after arrival at Houston. Phone's not working; internet will not give access as I try to inform family I've at least completed this leg of my journey and hustle the quarter mile through terminal to reach the next departure gate. Takes over 20 minutes to get phone to register it's now back in the U.S. Plane, fortunately late, about to load and I'm starving and thinking there won't be anything served on the short 2-1/2 hour flight, so I run with little hope of finding edible fast food. And what do I find but the Real Food Company? I approach the deli counter and ask for a tuna wrap. The wonderful young lady there asks me what I want on it, gives me the works and tells me I get to pick a side to go with it. I decided on a beautiful looking apple. Grab my food which has been rapidly prepared as I said they were boarding my flight, took it to the cashier and was in, out and back to board in less than 5 minutes. Not getting a chance to open my food until on the plane, I found a fantastic tuna wrap that was scrumptious. On top of that, the cost was inexpensive and I didn't feel gouged by the usual establishments in airport corridors. The food was completely satisfying as was the cheerfulness of the staff and the great looking food prep areas that I quickly perused in my haste. Applause and congrats are in order for a rejuvenating meal prepared and served by well trained and happy employees. An exceptional find in an airport. On a scale of one to 10, they're a 10+.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have eaten at a million airport restaurants and this is one of the best. Quick, fresh, great variety and reasonable prices.

Take a moment to look around because it has different sections. There is a deli, a BBQ place, pizza, burgers, salad, blue plate specials, and a few I can't remember. Something for everyone.

You can get a fresh meal packed up to take on the plane if you are really in a rush. Better, and cheaper to the junk they give you on board.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place has lots of food options and most of it is prepared in front of you. I had the Texas BBQ. Pulle pork sandwich with sweet potatoes on the side. Was great.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The quality of the food here was surprisingly very good. There are also a ton of choices. My son had sushi while I went with a Reuben and fries. Everything was very good, especially for an airport restaurant.