“Business Trip to Houston”

Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area
Ranked #102 of 504 Hotels in Houston
FRISCO
“Business Trip to Houston”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We do a monthly trip to Houston to visit our Houston agent and host a training class. I also stayed at this Super 8 in November. I got a better rate in November and I asked if I can get the same rate but the front desk clerk said no. I told her that I really like this hotel and I want to keep staying there once a month but she said she won't honor the same rate. I was disappointed but I booked it anyway. I wish I can get a better rate next time I call.

The hotel is nice, clean and with hot water. I like the king size bed. Other than the higher price for the second booking, it is a good hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GM_Super8nasa, General Manager at Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Eartha W,

I want to thank you for staying with us at Super 8 NASA ,and appreciate your business with us. In regards to rates, our rates do flucuate seasonally. I would love to help you in finding the best deal you can get please contact me and I will do my best and see what I can come up with.

Super 8 Houston NASA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Houston
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel close to my home due to ongoing room repairs at my residence. My only real complaint about this hotel is that it is a bit awkward to get in and out of.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Rjmlem,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, we are glad the you enjoyed your stay with us during your home renovation project. I do hope everything was in good order.

I do agree with getting in and out of the hotel is a bit awkward, but with new roads coming in overtime its out of our hands on how roads and highways are built.

We do hope to see you again should you need lodging near your home.

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was a surprising find. The hotel rooms look good. They obviously have had a makeover since the photos on this site were take. Open hanging space rather than a wardrobe. The bath was clean, but the shower had just so-so water flow. The beds were comortable; L had lousy pillows, M was happy.

Not too bad a selection of breakfast items which included waffles, 3 types of cereals, danish, juices and mini burgers.

Also, hotel was close to NASA Space Centre and Kemah waterfront entertainment area.

We booked directly on the Super 8 web site and thought that overall, it was not a bad deal for what you get.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank L&M_from_Oz
L&M from Oz,

Thank you very much for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Super 8 Houston NASA. YES we have upgraded some items since the pictures were taken, and many more to come in the future. We hope you enjoyed your trip to the US, and have plance on coming back to see us in the future.

FREEPORT
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I reserved the room a few days before New Year's Eve for my girlfriend and I so we could go to Scout Bar. It's just around the corner so we didn't have far to go. I paid a little over $60 for a room with a king size bed.
The room was bigger than I expected which was good but the bed was near the far wall when the TV was in the middle of the room. This might have been due to there being a door to storage placed in the room. Not sure why they had to have access to storage within a room on the second floor instead of placing it on the outside on the first floor. With no way to turn the TV there was an awkward viewing angle. I think with the size of the room they could have moved it or mounted it on a swivel. But at least there was plenty of channels to choose from.
Still a good hotel for a fair price.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Jeff268,

Thnk you for your review, and I apologize about the TV, and assure you that we can remedy this situation on your next stay, by offering you another room with out the storage door. :)

just call us the next time to make your reservation and ask not to be put in the same room. We know exactly what room it is you are talking about.

Edinburg
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I will never knock another Super 8 for as long as I live! this place was very affordable and very clean the staff was super friendly and welcoming! The location was perfect too,we were near the space center had a huge variety of restaurants and we were just around the corner from Scout Bar which was a blast! Keep up the good work, we'll be seeing your smiling faces very soon! thank you for all for everything you did to make our trip to Houston a great one!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jared G,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, we are happy to see that we did our job right.
Althought I cannot speak for all super 8's, we try to help and serve out every guest that allows us to.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Houston-Clear Lake Area.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 19, 2012

+ Friendly service
+ Super spacious, clean room with dryer, ironing board/iron, coffeemaker and fridge, flat screen tv, WiFi
+ Great complimentary breakfast with self-made waffles, artisan croissants, cereals, coffees and teas, yogurts as well as fresh fruits
+ Quiet but yet great access to Nasa Rd1/ I-45
+ Great value overall!!

I recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a short or longer stay. The breakfast and spacious, well equipped room is something you usually pay extra for.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs (they have 2 levels)! :)