“Not sure if this is right for everyone ... professionals do not stay here!”

Studio 6 Houston - Westchase
Studio 6 Houston - Westchase
Ranked #383 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Not sure if this is right for everyone ... professionals do not stay here!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Room is fairly small; yet, fully equipped for long term stay. management care only about $$$ and neglect their long time staying residents as well as timid to enforce hotel policies! Do not stay here unless you must ... rude, noisy and ignorant neighbors that cannot handle their alcohol looking for conflict!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Mannie2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I thought when I left the hood, I left the roaches there too....not so! I purchased some roach baits to help with the infestation but it was to no avail. Awesome price for this room, but you may get charged extra for the roaches!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rick F

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Having the dubious pleasure of staying at the Studio 6 in the westchase area of Houston, I didnt expect much to begin with from a place like this however, it was rather unxepected that I had to share my room with another family. There was myself and a family of ever expanding cockroaches partying in the bathroom and kitchen at night. This behaviour from insect families isnt acceptable and makes my skin crawl. Funny thing is as a Hotellier ourselves we are well aware that everywhere humans are bugs are there also, so its not unexpected but it was the numbers that surprised us. Looking at the property its little wonder as trash is evident and definatly smelly on the stairwells, just waiting for the rats to join in. People are leaving huge piles of cigarette buts around which again makes the place smell like an old ashtray.

Accor group is a reputable hotel firm, but this Studio 6 is in need of serious attention if Accors reputation is to be maintained in the Houston area. We will be posting video online of the bug party.

Room Tip: dont bother head up the road
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank john b
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2011

For the price that we paid, we were satisfied. Other hotels in the area charged a lot more while providing most of the same amenities. Although this hotel isn't anything impressive by any means, it also isn't a bad place. If you're on a budget, this is a reliable place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harry L
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I stayed in this hotel a while back and was not that impressed. It was my first time at an extended stay property. Then I tried the Sun Suites next door for one week. What a world of difference!

The people in the office at Studio 6 are friendly and helpful. They really try to keep the riff raff out, unlike the places on either side of them. There are not people loitering around outside selling drugs at all hours and there is security that actually walks the property and questions anyone they dont recognize or unfamiliar vehicles. They walk around writing down license plates too. Also, there is a fence around the property which helps a great deal.

Its a great location and a great value. It's actually the same prices as the places next door on either side but you dont have all of the illegal activity and scary people hanging around outside day and night. In this price range (199/wk queen) , this seems to be the best place to stay on this strip.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I have been staying in this hotel any time am in Houston since 2002. I am a faithful customer to the hotel and I have introduced so many of my oil industry colleagues to the hotel. But when we arrived the last time, we were met with a set of terribly rude, discourteous and extremely customer-unfriendly frontdesk personnel. I had made a reservation two month prior, but we were assigned a room which I did not like. And I dared to say so; the front desk staff retorted, 'that is what I have'.Throughout our 4 week-stay, I was always afriad to approach the reception for any thing, for fear of being shown discourtesy.
The front desk staff were behaving as if they have just obtained a theoretical doctorate degree in rudness, discourtesy and unfriendliness and they must put it to practice as fast and as much as possible.
If the front desk personnel do not change their style and manners, the hotel will not only loose old customers, but it will not be able to atttract and maintain new customers.
I can no longer recommend the hotel to any body, so I would not blamed, but I will continue to patronise the please with hope that Management of the hotel will do some thing about it with to improving on customer relationship. frontdesk staff are the mirror and the gateway of any corporate body the world - customers.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed June 10, 2009

We made reservations via telephone to stay one night. We receive a room price and confirmation number. When we arrived the price suddently change, even thought we had out confirmation number. The manager would not give the price quoted on the phone. We decided to stay anyway, whats a few bucks right? When we received our room the room was dirty from a former or current occupant. We informed the desk and was given another room upstairs. The room smelled strong of cigarette smoke, We had ask for a non-smoking room. We then proceeded to the front desk and demanded out money back and checked out. Three times your out. I am in business myself and when our company quotes a price we stick with it, we don't change before or after the product is delivered. I feel that this Motel 6 did not concern themselves as to if they kept a paying customer or not. I will never stay at another Motel 6, I will sleep in my car first. So Mr. Bodell don't leave the light on for us.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends