“good potential but overwhelmed staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mango Tree

Mango Tree
Ranked #814 of 8,144 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown
Wasilla, Alaska
“good potential but overwhelmed staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I arrived for weekday lunch at 11:45am and found the dining room almost full. The staff were barely able to keep up with seating, ordering, serving, and busing the tables. Eventually I was able to place my order, and some time later received an excellent soup and salad. I was well finished with these and waiting before my entree arrived. The stir fry dish was was unremarkable in quality. I suggest that if you give them a try, do it outside of peak times.

• Visited November 2012

Houston, Texas
“Awesome curry and great Pad Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

We go here every Friday now and are never disappointed. Prices are right and the service is really good.

• Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
“Best Thai food in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Alway has great food and service
We alway make the drive to eat here and have brought many friends here to experience this food. Location is NW side of town, near 249 and Grant road area - not downtown as listed in the description. I alway get a curry dish or a dish called the swimming angel. We also sometimes order the soup that is made of coconut milk, mushroom, lemon grass and chicken. It might be the Tom Kha Gai, but I don't remember ever having tomatoes in the soup.
A place for a nice relaxing meal, quiet

• Visited May 2012
Houston, Texas, USA
“Decent Thai in the Burbs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

This place is hard to find, but pretty decent food. We have been eating here since they opened and always found it to be good - nothing spectacular, but we're in the part of Houston that is all about fast food, drive through and chain restaurants. A place like this could be great. On the last couple of visits the food has not been up to its usual so I wonder if they have a new owner/cook. It's better than Pei Wei, or was, so I hope they fix whatever is going wrong lately.

Service staff is eager to please and the place is clean, minimalist.

• Visited October 2011
“Wonderful Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

My wife and I come here frequently and the food is great and very genuine Thai. I have tried and loved all the curries, my favorite are the green and yellow. We always have the Chicken Sate which is like we remembered from Thailand. The peanut sauce is great but the other sweet/sour sauce they serve with it is fantastic. The jasmine rice is delicious and traditional Thai (on the sticky side). Have never had a bad meal there and the staff are always great.

• Visited August 2011