“Decent Thai in the Burbs”
Review of Mango Tree

Mango Tree
Ranked #664 of 8,396 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This place is hard to find, but pretty decent food. We have been eating here since they opened and always found it to be good - nothing spectacular, but we're in the part of Houston that is all about fast food, drive through and chain restaurants. A place like this could be great. On the last couple of visits the food has not been up to its usual so I wonder if they have a new owner/cook. It's better than Pei Wei, or was, so I hope they fix whatever is going wrong lately.

Service staff is eager to please and the place is clean, minimalist.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

My wife and I come here frequently and the food is great and very genuine Thai. I have tried and loved all the curries, my favorite are the green and yellow. We always have the Chicken Sate which is like we remembered from Thailand. The peanut sauce is great but the other sweet/sour sauce they serve with it is fantastic. The jasmine rice is delicious and traditional Thai (on the sticky side). Have never had a bad meal there and the staff are always great.