“Outstanding food and service!”
Review of Sorrel Urban Bistro - CLOSED

Sorrel Urban Bistro
Cuisines: American, French, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Cross street: Kirby, Greenbriar
Description: Born out of a shared vision to bring affordable farm-to-table dining to Houston, restaurateur Ray Salti and Executive Chef Soren Pedersen have collaborated to create Sorrel Urban Bistro, a casually elegant, fresh design featuring an ever-changing blackboard menu of organically focused cuisine. Sorrel represents the second culinary collaboration between Salti and Pedersen, who also are partners at Ray’s Grill, a highly-lauded farm-to-table concept in Fulshear, TX, 20 miles West of Houston. In addition to a diverse daily menu selection featuring local organically grown produce and meat, sustainable fish and wild game, Sorrel offers a charcuterie bar with a wide variety of salami, sausages and prosciutto, both imported and housemade, along with artisan Texas cheeses, handcrafted breads and more. Beverage service includes seasonally inspired cocktails, artisanal beers and 200 plus wines (25 percent organic.) At Sorrel, it's about enjoying a culinary experience.
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Fine dining but not too stuffy! Food was outstanding, we started with seared scallop, spinach salad, followed by herb crusted flounder and pork schnitzel. Couldn't leave without trying their apple crumble. Great service, food is locally sourced and very fresh!! Will definitely be back again!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went the day after Valentines and the menu was still set for that day. I ordered the lobster and it was over cooked. The saving grace was the Strawberry-Basil bread pudding for desert.

The service was excellent and the wine list was above average but overall the food seemed on the decline.

Chelsea R, Manager at Sorrel Urban Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us, Macanudo. It's truly disheartening to hear you feel our food has declined and I sincerely hope we can make this right. First off, thank you for the specific feedback on the lobster and the strawberry-basil bread pudding as I will be sure to pass that along to the chef. Same with your kind words about our service. That said, What did you have when you dined with us the first time that you enjoyed so much? After all, the more details I have, the better we can improve our service to our guests. The last thing we want is for you to leave unsatisfied, so I sincerely apologize that we missed the opportunity to improve your visit before you left. They say third time's the charm, so hopefully you'll give us another opportunity to impress.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you.

Kindly,

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We came here only off of Trip Advisor reviews... we were visiting from DC. The menu is creative... the food is delicious and the service was outstanding! Bravo Sorrel for delivering a jewel in Houston!

Chelsea R, Manager at Sorrel Urban Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

I am happy you were able to swing by during your visit to Houston! Even happier that you found our menu creative, food amazing and service outstanding. What heartwarming compliments! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share this recommendation here on TripAdvisor and hope that next time you're in Houston, you'll keep us in mind.

Take care,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Fortuantely we were out to enjoy a relaxing bunch experience, so the lax attention to service was not too much a bother. The meal preparation was excellent as always so that nullified the annoying lack of service.

Chelsea R, Manager at Sorrel Urban Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

We always welcome feedback on how we can improve to better serve our guests; so thank you, Jeff, for this valuable feedback. While I'm happy your meal was excellent, I want to sincerely apologize for the lapse in our service. The last thing we want is for our guests to feel like a bother and I want to assure you service like that is very out of character for us. I plan to put your feedback to good use, and I'd love for you to witness that firsthand.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We love this restaurant. The level of personalized service is remarkable. The food is very creative and well prepared. The executive chef / owner has always been present when we have visited and is very congenial. We particularly like the High top tables adjacent to the kitchen where we can see all the prep activities happening.

Chelsea R, Manager at Sorrel Urban Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

I couldn't be happier to hear that you love us! My sincerest thank you for taking the time to share this glowing recommendation here on TripAdvisor. I simply cannot wait to pass along your compliments on our creativity and flavors to the rest of the team, and hope we'll have the pleasure of serving you again soon. You've always got a spot at our table!

Warm regards,