“Perfection”
Review of Sorrel Urban Bistro - CLOSED

Sorrel Urban Bistro
Cuisines: American, French, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Cross street: Kirby, Greenbriar
Description: Born out of a shared vision to bring affordable farm-to-table dining to Houston, restaurateur Ray Salti and Executive Chef Soren Pedersen have collaborated to create Sorrel Urban Bistro, a casually elegant, fresh design featuring an ever-changing blackboard menu of organically focused cuisine. Sorrel represents the second culinary collaboration between Salti and Pedersen, who also are partners at Ray’s Grill, a highly-lauded farm-to-table concept in Fulshear, TX, 20 miles West of Houston. In addition to a diverse daily menu selection featuring local organically grown produce and meat, sustainable fish and wild game, Sorrel offers a charcuterie bar with a wide variety of salami, sausages and prosciutto, both imported and housemade, along with artisan Texas cheeses, handcrafted breads and more. Beverage service includes seasonally inspired cocktails, artisanal beers and 200 plus wines (25 percent organic.) At Sorrel, it's about enjoying a culinary experience.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Perfection”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Usually comments about restaurants start with the food. We will get there shortly. What needs to be said first, is the service here was perhaps the best I have had in many years! It reminded me of "How Things Used to Be". Corny but true. Imagine what you think perfect service should be and that's what we got. Seriously, perfect!!

Combine that with off the chart delicous food and you have a tremendous experience in the making. Farm to Table, local, organic and fabulous is the crux of their menu. There was nothing any of us ordered that I wasn't thrilled with and would order again without hestiation.

If I lived in Houston, this is where I'd be most days!! I already have reservations for my next visit. All the accolades are certainly deserved!!

• Visited September 2012
Christina G, Public Relations Manager at Sorrel Urban Bistro, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful feedback! It is always a pleasure to read about an experience as positive as yours. I've shared it with the staff.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for exclusive promotions and events. We really appreciate you and your patronage and look forward to serving you again soon!

Sealy, Texas
“Terrible at first, ended amazing!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

So my fiance and I we went here to try it out... We had a reservation at 8:30, we were seated right away. No one came to help us for about 20 min. I told the manager, the manager told the owner, and then the greatest server Paul came and took our table. He was energetic, helpful and amazing!! The gave us a bottle of champagne to apologize and an appetizer. The appetizer was scallions and they were cold, which was unfortunate. The salads were great, as well as the bread. The buffalo strip was very good that my fiance had and the tile was incredible that I ordered. Overall the service became excellent, but you shouldn't have to complain first.

1 Thank Erin K
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Amazing Bistro”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

First went there on the recommendation of a colleague and kept on going back! They have a custom lunch and dinner menu with a great and often changing selection. For lunch I can recommend the beef burgers - its one of the few places where I'll actually order the meat rare. Very reasonably priced for what you get. The staff has always been friendly and attentive.

• Visited September 2012
Houston, Texas
“Buy local and organic”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We ventured into Sorrel for lunch after hearing about the pork chop they do for dinner. The lunch menu offers a variety of options and flavors. Everything looked wonderful. What I love about this restaurant is the locally grown and organic foods on the menu. I love this idea. Support your local farmers! Aside from that, the prices were reasonable for lunch considering local and organic.

When we walked in we were greeted by a very nice, welcoming, attentive man who seated us immediately. We started off with their bread, which is really good. We ordered the hummus as an appetizer and loved it. Better than the hummus at Whole Foods or Central Market. I ordered the hamburger and enjoyed it. It was huge and I took half of it home. My friend ordered the butternut squash soup and loved it. The service is wonderful and attentive. We were treated very well.

Overall, a wonderful dining experience for lunch. I can't wait to go back for dinner to try the pork.

• Visited August 2012
Houston, Texas
“Amazing!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Fabulous dinner that wowed our visiting son from LA, including his ghost pepper caipiroska cocktail, corn chowder with Gulf oyster, and sweet potato gratin under a huge steak...off the HRW menu! No skimping here. Service was professionally efficient. Cool modern decor with views into kitchen, including a TV monitor. Noise bounces off hard surfaces, but not enough to deter conversations. Lively bar area. All this plus locally sourced food...you can bet we'll be back!

• Visited August 2012