“Pretty good bbq”

Goode Company Barbeque
Ranked #645 of 8,434 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Goode Company Barbeque on Hwy. 290 is a real charmer. It not only has an amazing dining room, it has some pretty good live music out on the porch. And you would be hard-pressed to find a better plate of authentic Texas barbeque anywhere.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stopped by for a business lunch, it was fairly busy but the staff at the counter are fast fast fast at churning out the orders. I had the brisket sandwich with sauce, although it was quite good I've had better (totally subjective of course). The interior is quintessential Texas decoration, saddles everywhere and even a stuffed buffalo/bison. Shared a plate of sausage that was also good but not stellar (sorry, for my tastes Rudy's is better). Tradeoff is the restaurant is a bit more upscale, but the food doesn't seem to have the same smokey flavour.
In any case, you won't be disappointed!

Happy travels!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Goode Company has the reputation for being one of if not the best BBQ places in Houston. I think it's pretty darn good as far as the BBQ goes. We went to the one on the Katy Frwy for years but stopped going several years ago probably because more BBQ places opened closer to home that were good enough.
I had the duck and it was very good. The other members of our party had brisket and ribs, both of which they thought were quite good but not the best they'd ever eaten (try Corky's in Memphis for the best brisket ever). The sides are where I would like to see more variety. I am a pretty healthy eater most of the time and would like some more choices on sides like corn on the cob or a salad option. They offer gluten free but not even a salad for those who love BBQ but would like to minimize their fat intake in the rest of the meal. I did eat some pecan pie since we were celebrating a birthday and it was very good. I admit I don't like jalapeños so the bread did not interest me much but others in my party ate it. The atmosphere is typical BBQ rustic with a talking bison head on the wall. Kinda cute but too loud and static-y. I would go back for the duck or turkey but other places closer to my home serve BBQ that is competitve taste-wise.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

It isn't the original Goode Company on Kirby that I grew up with, but I love the fact that they have/are venturing out (outside the loop). It's a bit pricey--I'm always amazed at the total when paying....but the food is ALWAYS good. I love the sauce, I buy it by the bottle for home use. And the potato salad and pinto beans are terrific. To me, you can't go wrong.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is another family owned business, with Seafood, Mexican & this great BBQ spot! A stand in line & order what ya want place & plenty of real Texas BBQ, and the beer is cold! Picnic style tables & a good visit with old friends. No real wait to get your food and fresh off the grill (smoker).

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stopped here for dinner with some coworkers on a business trip. The brisket was delicious and the jalapeno bread (which sounded a little scary) was great!

Quick counter service - great for a large group with separate checks. Not the place to go if you're looking for something healthy, but if you just want a quick and easy taste of Texas BBQ, it's the place to go.