“one of my favorites”

Goode Company Barbeque
Ranked #735 of 8,451 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Goode Company Barbeque on Hwy. 290 is a real charmer. It not only has an amazing dining room, it has some pretty good live music out on the porch. And you would be hard-pressed to find a better plate of authentic Texas barbeque anywhere.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been to this BBQ restaurant several times, and the food is always consistent, fresh, hot, and taste great. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are wanting BBQ.

1  Thank Chrisandlana

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We walked over from the Homewood Suites. We could smell the good BBQ when we walked in the door. Clean place, very friendly and accomodating staff. Most important is that the food was delicious. One got beef & sausage, the other got chicken. Sides were slaw beans and potato salad. All were very good. Would go back regularly if it were near our house.

1  Thank Pilgrim50
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have eaten here twice in the last month. It has been around for about a year, but I had not tried it until recently. I have eaten the chopped brisket sandwich and a cheeseburger and fries. The brisket was really tender and tasty served on a homemade bun. Yummy! The cheeseburger was 1/3 lb. of delicious. It was a little messy due to the pickles on the bottom. My bun started falling apart, so next time I will order without pickles and put mine on myself as they have a little set up bar with onions, pickles, lemons and limes.
The atmosphere is Texas country chic with little Texas History artifacts throughout. There is an outside seating area which has a little 25 cent ride for toddler children. I believe on Friday nights they have live bands play on the patio as well.
With the great food and fun atmosphere I will surely be visiting again real soon.

1  Thank Jackie G
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have been here 3 times. We have ordered everything from the hamburgers to the turkey sausage. All of it....very good. The jalapeno bread is out of the world! The sauce is average. The pecan pie is a must! Best we have ever had. To be honest, the pecan pie is why we have returned. If you visit, do yourself a favor and try the pecan pie. Be advised...the slices are big, so you may want to split a piece with a family member or friend. If I had to complain about one thing, it would be the cashiers. Two of the 3 times we have visited Goode Company, the cashiers did not say "thank you" as we were paying for our food! No worries though! The food is reason enough to return.......and we will be back!

1  Thank trelina
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Met up with a friend for dinner here one night after work and I was very impressed. I had the beef brisket dinner with sides of corn and baked beans. The baked beans were some of the best that I have ever had... and I really liked baked beans, too. The jalapeno bread is delicious.. wish I had asked for more! The corn was a great sweet acccompaniment to the brisket. The main course of BBQ was a real treat. Very tender and moist meat with a very tasty BBQ sauce covering the entree. A fine dinner. In addition to the excellent food, I really enjoyed the decor. As a visitor from Indiana, it satisfied all of my expectations of Texas history and decoration. The snake hide was a particualr favorite. The walls of the restaurant are like a mini Texan museum. Next time, I want to try the pecan pie! ...and I will be back!

1  Thank bill_bartley