“Delicious and Fun!”
Review of Andalucia Tapas

Andalucia Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Andalucia Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #226 of 8,243 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Delicious and Fun!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stumbled upon this place and boy am I glad we did! It was great. I love the sharing concept--it's a wonderful way to have a meal with family and friends. The tapas prices vary depending on the type of dish and they are reasonable. The dishes we had ranged from excellent to very good, nothing was bad. Plus, you have the bonus of music and dancing, which was great fun!

Visited February 2013

Texas
“Great Place For Dinner Before Toyota Centre Events”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My lady and I, along with our daughter and some friends, had dinner here before the recent Lady Gaga concert. Had walked past it many times before but never ventured in. Am glad we did this time! Am also glad we made a reservation as it was packed. All the food we tried was delicious. Both the hot and cold tapas plates are well prepared, well seasoned and reasonably sized for the price. Service very good. House wine quite drinkable. Only complaint was the volume level of the live music - they were good but a little deafening. My lady and I liked it so much we booked for Valentine's Day as well - more limited menu but still excellent. Worth the drive in to the city

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Roger61Texas
Houston, Texas
“Tip Top Tapas!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Writing this the morning after an excellent Friday night meal at the Andalucia while being entertained with live Flamenco music.

We had a selection of tapas to share - all of them were extremely good but the fish stew and the shrimp salad stood out for me. For purists, the Andalucia and it's food can't be compared to a tapas bar in Spain; this is very much a New World take on it but it's very well done. The restaurant was full and there was a great atmosphere with a buzz in the air. The entertainment was provided by Solero Flamenco and they were amazing. They played two sets and I can't praise them enough. Excellent guitar player, wonderful percussionist and three ladies, one who sang and the other two who danced. The dancers were outstanding. As I write this, the music is on Friday and Saturday nights only. The restaurant gets very busy so if you want to have a meal while the group is playing (they normally start around 8 pm), it's essential that you book ahead.

Pre-dinner drinks, food, a bottle of wine and after dinner drinks came to a total of $110 which is pretty good in my opinion (the wine was the most expensive item on the bill). Free entertainment thrown in as well (although I did give the group a generous tip). Would definitely recommend this restaurant. Magnífico!

• Visited February 2013
“Great find in downtown Houston”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this gem while looking for some good eats near the House of Blues. The lunch special (M-F 11a-3p) offers a selection of salad, entree and dessert for $9.95. The food? AMAZING. I would come here every day if I could & 3x on Saturday.

Philadelphia, PA
“Not the norm for Tapas”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I visited this restaurant around 930pm on a Tuesday evening so it was pretty quiet. The kitchen closes at 10 and they were very prompt to inform me. I had a salad and an octopus appetizer and both were very tasty and flavorful. The salad was of ample size and had a very flavorful dressing while the octopus was well-prepared and accompanied by diced vegetables which augmented the dish very nicely. They have a nice array of wines by the glass and the Rioja I had was delicious. Based on the flavors I enjoyed, this is not a typical Spanish restaurant (it is not Tex-Mex, they don't serve guacamole, etc), but offers small tapas servings of some very creative dishes. The staff was very attentive even though they were winding down for the evening by the time I arrived. I will return on my next visit.

• Visited January 2013