“GREAT FOOD”

Andalucia Tapas Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Andalucia Tapas Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #193 of 8,448 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 24, 2012

A delicious menu...using organic ingredients... the service is really excellent. This is no ordinary Tapas restaurant. Even the lemonade I ordered was fresh squeezed and not sugared out, as they brought what looked like agave for self serve as you wish sugar experience. Just thinking about this restaurant makes me want to fly to Houston.

1  Thank marianne2025

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I just experienced the worst service at your establishment. I recommended this restaurant to all of my co-workers and we were treated so very poorly that I do not think that I will ever visit this place again. The waiter (Miguel) had no idea who ordered what when we placed our order, he first brought us two wrong plates that belonged to another table. I ordered the same plate as two others at my table, everyone received their food (Fish Sandwich) except for myself, as they were half way done with their meal, I had to call our server back to ask if my food was coming out, 10 minutes later when they were done with their meal, I still had NO FOOD, I called a Manager (David) who proceeded to argue with me that two fish plates did come to our table and I said yes but I had one as well. David never said he would bring my food out he just walked away so I called another manager over who was helpful and actually apologetic about me never receiving my order, I told him that I no longer wanted my lunch and to please cancel my food order. I don't think anyone I was with will ever be going back to your restaurant again. This was the worst FOOD SERVICE I have EVER RECIEVED!!!

2  Thank Genevieve J
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The tapas was wonderful! The servers were attentive and helpful with suggestions for favorite tapas. The entertainment was spectacular! I highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Adrienne2012
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were going to a concert at the Toyota Center so wanted a restaurant downtown. Found this place with good reviews so we tried it.

We loved it!

The Sangria was awesome so we ordered a pitcher.

Out of about 12 different Tapas we tried, we loved all but one. And to be honest, if we had read the description more closely, I would have chosen something else. (It was one a cold vegetable Tapas. In general, I'm not as big of a fan of cold cooked vegetables. 1 of 4 of us liked it.) 11 out of 12 is fantastic.

Wish I could remember the names of some of the dishes. Just ask the Wait staff for recommendations and you can't go wrong. The sauteed shrimp dish with garlic and other spices was amazing. We ordered extra bread to dip into the remaining butter and spices. Yum!

I think half our bill was probably alcohol... If you dial down the drinks, it would certainly be more reasonable bill.

It was a bit loud but I expect that for a place like this.

1  Thank SLmom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Excellent tapas and great variety. Quality and taste as good as I've had in Madrid. Our server, Latrina, was especially accomodating and provided exceptional service.

2  Thank Bob D