Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest
Ranked #127 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was very impressed with every aspect of my stay at the Holiday Inn Express Houston –NW. I was at this hotel for over a month as my house was under reconstruction. The staff (Belinda, Jackie and Clay) are exceptional, they are polite, attentive, smart, excellent customer service skills. Special thanks to Jackie; she invited us to her daughter’s birthday party so my son could get out of the hotel for a few hours, she is excellent and caring too. These employees are an excellent brand ambassador for the Holiday Inn; thank y’all for taking good care of us.

Room Tip: Rooms on the far end of the building are more quieter
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mill N
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Mill:
Wow! Thank you for recognizing the efforts of Jackie, Belinda and Clay. You are correct, they are excellent ambassadors for our hotel.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I recently visited Houston for on a week long business trip.

I'll confess that after looking at several Houston hotels on tripadvisor I was a little bit terrified of what I might find. It seemed like nearly every hotel had at least one customer submitted picture of a cockroach in their room... I'm pleased to report that I didn't find any of the unpleasant critters at this Holiday Inn Express.

The hotel was clean and provided all the essentials I've come to expect from a Holiday Inn Express - microwave, refrigerator, flat panel TV, complimentary breakfast. They also provided fresh cookies at the front desk (something I wasn't expecting). The furnishings are showing some age and a renovation is probably due sometime soon, but everything was functional. And honestly, the bed and coverings were some of the most comfortable I've experienced anywhere!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had some problems with my flight into Houston and wasn't expected to make it to the hotel until after 3am. When I called ahead to make sure my reservation wouldn't be cancelled I was told my room was guaranteed and the staff member on duty also provided me we the name of a cab company (at that point it wasn't clear if I'd be able to pick up my planned rental car that late) and standard rate as well as directions to give to the driver.

Kelly, who was working the front desk when I came in exhausted and frustrated at 3:30am, was very helpful and accommodating, as were all the employees I interacted with during my stay.

But the best surprise came when I checked out on Friday. I wasn't charged for my first night due to my late arrival. This wasn't even something I had considered requesting.

All in all I would recommend it for those staying in the area. The price is reasonable and the location is convenient to several shopping areas as well as Beltway 8 and highway 290.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Wildris:
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. A room renovation is quietly underway and about two thirds of our rooms now have new furniture and case goods are on the way. The work should be completed by mid October. Thank you for recognizing the staff and especially Kelly. We hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for business and could not be more happier. Jackie who works in the front lobby was amazing and provided great customer service. When I would return to my hotel in the evenings my room was very clean. I am fortunate that my company has chosen to use the Holiday Inn, and if I am very vacationing in the Houston area I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for your favorable review and for recognizing Jackie. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel was very clean, comfortable & quiet. The free breakfast had plenty to choose from, including sausage and eggs. The cinnamon rolls were wonderful! The staff was very friendly & helpful. I was there only one night & didn't use the pool or other amenities, but the pool looked great and was very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Laura:
Thank you for your favorable review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Every year we come down from NJ and stay at this hotel to visit family and celebrate our grandsons birthday. I travel over 150 days a year and stay in a lot of hotels up and down the east coast. The staff at this hotel always go out of there way to make the stay as enjoyable as possible. My grandson loves to stay a few days with us at this hotel. Sue and Jackie were great and made our stay a lot of fun. They both went out of there way when we needed something and always greated you with a smile. There days were long and the weather was hot but you could not tell it was any problem for them when something was needed. See you at Christmas time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

John:
Thank you and your family for choosing our hotel and for remembering Sue and Jackie. We look forward to seeing you again at Christmas!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I were extremely satisfied with our stay at the Holiday Inn. It was located at a convenient location and had lots of attractions near us. The staff was extra friendly which was refreshing for my boyfriend (he’s from New York and was amazed with the Texas hospitality). All staff members were extremely courteous and professional. In the Texas heat, refreshing drinks were offered to us every time we passed the front desk. Chilled bottled water and iced lemonade were available to us. The continental breakfast was always fresh and helped start off our day. The fresh coffee was available 24/7. Our rooms were cleaned every day and the bed was made. Jennifer from housekeeping always ensured we had what we needed and went the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction as did front desk manager Belinda. Belinda and front desk clerk Jackie were so pleasant and professional. We even met the General Manager, Charlie. Everyone was on point and we are extremely satisfied with our stay. We will be moving to Cypress/Houston and September and when I have guests over I will definitely refer them to Holiday Inn at FM 1960

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tohnee S

Tohnee:
It was a pleasure having you and your boyfriend as our guests. Thank you for recognizing Jennifer, Belinda and Jackie. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had a WONDERFUL stay at this specific location! The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was GREAT! The bathroom was a little dirty with slight mildew on the bathtub, but other than that it was very nice! The young woman at the front desk, Jackie, was a HUGE help!! Very sweet girl!

Room Tip: Great breakfast!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Taylor B:
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and for recognizing Jackie. We will address the mildew issue in the bathroom.