“The staff really makes this place!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Houston Northwest, TX
Ranked #143 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff is so kind and efficient. They really make your stay more comfortable. Everything was very nice. The room was quiet, which was unexpected because FM 1960 is such a busy road. My only complaint would be that the room smelled musty. I think it's just typical Houston humidity. But otherwise, our stay was great. Breakfast includes fresh pancakes!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Houston Northwest, TX, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about the staff and for staying with us.
Houston does have high humidity, but there are things that can be done to address musty odors. I will look into the issue with this room.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

First of all i had a king suite with the hot tub when i entered the room the door wasnt working properly and the toilet would not flush properly. I went to the front desk to let the clerk know what issues i had with the room and she was very nice and said that she would contact maintenace and have those issues repaired and that she talk to the GM which was given us a 20percent discount off the room for our inconvenience which i felt was fair so we were about the pay the clerk and then in come Mr. Dennis the maintenace supv. came to front desk and told the clerk real loud that room 104 was LYING in which we were standing at the front desk when he made the statement he said the people staying in room 104 and that aint nothing wrong with that room. My sister and I was still standing at the counter and i responded to him and let him know that no we were not lying and those issues were correct he continued to say that we were lying he became loud with me and begin to argue with me saying that i wasnt talking to you and that this is my day off and i can care less about your issues at this time things had gotten so out of hand that i begin argueing back with him telling him that he was very unprofessional and is this how Holiday Inn Express treat there guest at this time the other manager came around and begin asking us what was wrong and i begin to tell her that i felt very insulted and i didnt appreciate how i was being treated by Mr. Dennis. I feel GM you should not have this person working for you if he is going to be rude to your guest and just him being unprofesstional will make you lose business im very upset about my experience there and i wanted you to know about my stay there at your hotel. I was here to go to my daughter PV Homecoming game and was very hurt by Mr. Dennis actions.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tabbie B

I apologize for the bad behavior of one of our staff members. Please know that the issue has been addressed and will not occur again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

All the typical Holiday Inn Express features. Good location. Sufficient number of outlets and convenient locations, no wifi issues. No noise or other complaints. Friendly and helpful desk staff. Felt like they were expecting me and were happy to see me when I arrived! 24 hour fitness center near lobby/elevator with 2 treadmills and a bike.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 12-30 are near elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments and for choosing to stay with us. We realize that some of our rooms have become dated and we will be updating the furniture in the rooms after the first of the year. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here for 4 weeks. I really loved the staff and the rooms were very nice. EXCEPT... the housekeepers. "forgot" to clean my room twice. Picked up the towels and I guess forgot to come back to clean the rest of the room. Turned down the A/C (in July) so far over to the heat side. Came into a 89 degree room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very big and spacious rooms...clean...near to Premium Outlet Malls and food outlets around...good breakfast spread...free wifi...good saundry stall...cheap last min toliteries...laundry room is fantastic...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
HAMPDP, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Houston Northwest, TX, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments will be shared with all of our emplyees. We look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to Houston, TX. Thank you for choosing us as your hotel of choice, we appreciate your business and the time you took to let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I want to take a moment when i got back home here in Mississippi to take a moment and write a short "Thank-You" to your staff and in Particular Kimberly cashier #26 onmy bill who when I drove in to Houston for my first time ever to drive from Mississippi to texas at age 57 and when I seemed lost on the 610 Hwy in Houston at 830 at night in the dark and i seemed lost trying to find Hwy 290 and Fm 1960 I pulled over to the side of the road and this Kimberly answered the phone, and calmly talked to me how to find the hotel from where i was.. i had a meeting the very next morning, and after arriving she checked me in with a smile, offered me a bottle of water, and god knows i needed the water, for i was tired after a 465 mile drive one-way . she really made me feel at home when i arrived, and then the next morning the lady at the front desk went out of her way to walk up to the 2nd floor to help me sign on to the business computer in the lobby.. this is an amazing staff, and the service was amazing..

thanks
Sean Condon
PO Box 5512
Brandon, Mississippi 39047

cfs_pa@yahoo.com my email

Room Tip: always look for Holiday Inn Express the stay and the faciltiy are truly amazing
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking time to let us know how we are doing and we appreciate your kind words and comments. We will be sure to share them with all of our associates. Please come and see us again when your travels bring you back to Houston, TX.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Friendly staff. Very good internet service, wonderful room and pool. And, warm cookies!! Lots of dining options within a short walk or quick drive. We were just here for one night and would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Andrew T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Houston Northwest, TX, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to let us know how we are doing. Your comments are very important to us and I will be sharing them with the entire staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again next time you're in the Houston area.