“Great Staff, FREE WiFi” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #111 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Staff, FREE WiFi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

The front desk staff was amazing. Great recommendations for nearby restaurants and very welcoming. This is a newer hotel, and the rooms were fresh and very clean. Free WiFi is always a plus, and their's was fast, enabling me to get some work done.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you so much for the awesome feedback. We strive to provide the Best Guest Experience and we are delighted to hear that we were succesful! We thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest and we hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

I had my son's graduation party in their party/meeting room and everyone was so friendly and helpful!! I also had several rooms for guest and they all enjoyed there stay! Everything was nice and clean and again all the employees were so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Shanna B
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing your pleasant stay with us. We strive to ensure all our guest leave happy wanting to return, and I am glad we left that impression with you. I will personally share your comments with the entire staff. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip to Houston!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

3 nights on business travel. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful (my first time in the area) in orienting me re places to eat and generally getting around. Hotel is very well located near the highway.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near elevators
1 Thank Alan O
Thank you for sharing your pleasant stay with us. We strive to ensure all our guest leave happy wanting to return, and I am glad we left that impression with you. Thank you!
Wildwood, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I am a consultant and travel heavily, many times staying at Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn locations. In several years, I have not found a group of girls working the front desk that are friendlier, more pleasant, and helpful than the girls at this hotel. I come back to this hotel because of them...they're wonderful.

1 Thank Bob P
Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to let us know how we are doing. Your comments are very important to us and I will be sharing them with the entire staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again next time you're in the Houston area.
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Traveling for business recently and stayed at this hotel with 3 other co-workers. I travel often and am particular about my hotels and how safe I feel and how "at home" I am made to feel on weeks at a time away from home. From the second we walked in the door the staff went above and so far beyond making us all feel welcome. Laverne, Jamekia, Nakeshia and Ange were our group of superior front desk angels that made our "work week" seem like a vacation spent with friends....The hotel was nicely decorated and the ammenities were nice...everything was done to make our week as comfortable as possible. Thanks ladies!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
I apologize for the poor experience that you encountered during your stay at this hotel. I have been the General Manager of this hotel since September 2012. We have worked to get rid of the "bad apples" on staff and soon will have all new furniture and case goods in our rooms. Please give us another try when traveling in the area and do not hesitate to let us know how we can improve our guest experience.
Austin, TX / Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

I was in town for just one night for a work conference with 15+ other people staying in the hotel. I was put on the first floor out of the 3 floors.

Room: The room was good-sized. The typical fridge & mini-microwave on top, king size bed, desk with internet access etc. (The internet is only WiFi. I tried plugging my ethernet cable into the wall and it did not work. The WiFi password is written on your room key card holder. The reception failed to mention this, but I caught on later when I noticed the writing.) There was a decently-sized bare area of the room. The room was big to where there was so much empty space. They could have put a love seat and a coffee table in the empty area to make it seem a little bit more comfortable/home-like. I found it a little awkward. I turn on the A/C and it smelled like a swamp. Kinda gross and gave me a little headache. I only left it on long enough to cool the room and then immediately shut it off. I also heard from a couple other co-workers that they were on the 1st floor and their room was the same as mine and they were unhappy as well. I saw my co-worker's rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors and they had a wet bar, sofa, coffee table, no swamp-like smelling A/C, etc. The room was furnished nicely and it was the same sized room I had at the same price! We all checked in at the same time and we were all patient and compliant with the reception staff (since they were busy), so it's not like I was put in a lower-type room because I was a rude customer. Either way it was for just one night so I dealt with it. But I would highly recommend asking for a 2nd or 3rd floor room!

Bathroom: So after a long working day, I am eagerly waiting for a nice hot shower. I step into the tub and notice that all the holes that the water came out of (in the shower head) were RUSTED! The first thing that came to mind was "When was the last time I got a tetanus shot?" It was disgusting! Needless to say it was a quick shower and I still felt dirty afterwards.

Good Points: The only good things that come to mind was that they had directTV, so it wasn't the usual hotel of 10 channels of nothing. Also, they had fresh baked cookies in the lobby.

Breakfast: I wasn't able to sample the breakfast bar since I woke up late, but I heard it wasn't bad.

All and all, the service was good, but the rooms on the first floor need a little upkeep. If the rooms are that different from the first floor to the 2nd and 3rd, I highly recommend NOT getting a 1st floor room.

Our entire group will be returning again in a few weeks. Not sure if they will put us up in the same hotel or not, but we'll see. If they do, at least I know what to ask for this time.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor. First floor rooms were not as nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HAMPDP, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to share your experiences while a guest in our hotel. Please accept our apologies for not catching the A/C situation in your room before arrival. I would like to report that A/C unit has been repaired. Your feedback is much appreciated and has been shared with the entire staff. We hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you again in the future.
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed here while I was temporarily in the area to do some work at the DWH airport. The hotel is fairly convenient to the DWH airport, and there are plenty of restaurants and shops in the area. Price was higher than what I expected from a Holiday Inn, but the room was clean and the clerk was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business