“Wingate - Houston”

Ranked #166 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Houston
“Wingate - Houston”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Clean, courtious and a friendly, safe place to stay. Only stayed 2 nights but will definitely return when we come back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Dave P, General Manager at Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Guest,
My sincere thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. Your positive comments are very much appreciated by our staff, who work hard each day to make sure valued customers like yourself, are looked after. We look forward to being of service to you in the future, and on behalf of our Wingate-IAH..... team Thank you!

Dave Parasher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Alaska
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed here one night on our way through Houston. The shuttle was timely for us and the driver was professional. The room was clean and pretty good size. We arrived just in time for the manager's reception. There was only one glass of wine left with over a half hour left in the reception and they wouldn't open another bottle. The beer was bud light in a can, and the food was chips and salsa and potato chips. Maybe that was why there were only 6 people there. They could certainly do a little better job of providing snacks and drinks. The breakfast was better. There was a selection of hot and cold choices. I would say the breakfast was average for "free" breakfasts. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dave P, General Manager at Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
My sincere thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are pleased that you like our amenities.
Once again thank you for your valuable comments.

Dave Parasher,
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2014

First time I stayed here I requested a Shuttle from the Airport and waited for over an hour... they never showed up and I finally decided to find my own way there. Upon a very late arrival they had no real explanation as to the wait. The rooms are nice, what you might expect at a Wingate. I did not find this to be enough for the hassle getting there. If you tell people you have a shuttle from the airport, then have a shuttle... or at the very least let them know that it could be over an hour wait or more. I did speak with the Manager and my room was refunded. So... because the rooms are nice I attempt to stay they again. Made a reservation a month prior but this time I did not use the shuttle, found my own way to the hotel... to my surprise, get this, they had my reservation but did not have a room for me, said they were all booked up. They sent me to... again get this... to their Sister Hotel... The Super 8. I was charged the same price... LOL!!!! While waiting in line a gentlemen came in behind us and he was able to get a room there but we weren't. So, twice bitten, won't be trying to stay there again. This place has terrible service!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dave P, General Manager at Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the service you expected.
We apologize for the issues you experienced, regarding shuttle service and the room you did not get due to system error as it showed we were overbooked .We will review them all and work with our team to make sure that they are rectified.
We hope you will consider staying with us the next time your travels bring you back to our area.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have another opportunity to serve you.
Thanking you,

Dave Parasher

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was staying in Houston for a few days prepping for my USMLE Step 2 CS exam. Found this hotel on Tripadvisor and thought to give it a try based on good feedback.

For the 5 days I spent there, all was great. Clean rooms with decent internet connection and heating too. It was quiet enough to study. Breakfast was at a good standard. Not anything special but it'll fill you up.Hotel shuttle was also great and saved me on taxi fares to/from the airport.

I would happily recommend this place who has business around that area or who's flight has been canceled/delayed since the airport is rather near.However it is a long way from the City Center and there's defiantly not much to see in its area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo