“Best hotel stay ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #171 of 492 Hotels in Houston
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best hotel stay ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This hotel went well beyond my expectations, and I bragged to my friends who stayed at the Hilton! The rooms were huge, be sure to get the jacuzzi suite! Jerrica, the manager, and Tiffeny, were the best hotel employees I have ever met. I would never stay at any other hotel than this one. The hotel was the highlight of the entire trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
WingateIAH, General Manager at Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
You are an AWESOME person, you kept us with tears in our from laughing so much!!! Good luck and hopefully you'll make another trip to Houston soon Dr. T :-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This quaint hotel is most conveniently located 5 minutes from Bush intercontinental airport. There is ample secure parking. The rooms were updated and immaculately clean with quality toiletries, The staff is so wonderful. We forgot a few random things and they accommodated everything we needed, and they went the extra mile when I had a terrible migraine headache in the middle of the night and they even provided my brand of headache medicine(over the counter of course, they aren't a pharmacy!). There's fresh baked cookies in the afternoon, a good variety of fresh breakfast items. Despite the proximity to the airport I did not hear an over flying airplane my whole stay. Overall a quiet hotel. It's refreshing to find this high quality service for such a reasonable price. I plan on giving this chain and certainly this hotel more of my business in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your awesome review! We enjoyed having you stay with us ans we are so glad that we were able to accommodate with everything that you needed. We will see you soon I'm glad that we made you a loyal customer!!!
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I arrived without a reservation after realizing I needed a place to sleep during my long airport layover. I was greeted and checked in very courteously. Since I was checked out extremely early and missing the breakfast, the very friendly clerk found a granola bar and apple for me. The room was clean and quiet, and my 4:30 airport shuttle was on time ands friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ammolite1
WingateIAH, General Manager at Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Although your stay with us was short it is very gratifying to know that my staff made an impression on you, come back and see us soon!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple of times and always enjoyed my stay. This hotel offers great value, dependable shuttle service, excellent front service (Darius is very helpful and nice), nice breakfast. Would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review and your continued business with us we love to hear how well the staff takes care of our guests but after staying with us once you are family now!!!
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Jerrica Connor has got a great team and a great hotel. Excellent location, Good Value. True "Free Hot Breakfast". Darius at the front desk was very helpful, got us in our room early and put our rooms together. And provided local restaurant info. We were in Houston for unfortunate Family Business and the staff bent over backwards to make it the best stay ever. Amber was very helpful at the front desk as well. Pool area was clean and refreshing. Rooms were well maintained, clean and well furnished. Definitely recommend to everyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
I know that the reason your family was here was very unfortunate but we are glad that we got to meet and talk with all of you, your entire family was great!!! Remember next time that you are in town your Houston family is waiting for you at the Wingate!!!
Zachary LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Although I encountered several issues with the property the staff was exceptionally professional the entire time. Each person showed an interest to my issues and compliants without showing one sign of unconcern or frustration. The way they handled the entire situation with my complaints was awesome. I can not complain about the staff. They made my staying bearable. They should be commended for their professional attitudes and willingness to make my stay what I was expecting.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank lovetotravel0424
I know that you had a few issues during your stay which again I apologize but I'm glad that you still commend the front desk agents as they did their best to try and accommodate you. Although there are some situations where the staff can only do so much I know that my team will continue to go above and beyond to please our guests. We hope to see you soon!
Hattiesburg,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I brought a group of College Students on a business trip and we stayed at the Wingate. While the hotel itself is in pretty good condition, there were numerous problems with housekeeping and the front desk staff. Our first night there, the rooms were not cleaned by housekeeping. When I approached the young lady at the front desk about the situation that evening, she seemed rather frustrated because housekeeping had left for the day. She even seemed bothered with us asking for towels, too busy on talking the phone I suppose. I could tell that it wasn't hotel business because she was speaking in Spanish and I'm somewhat fluent in the language. The next morning when I explained the situation to the lady who had checked us in the previous night, she stated the problem may have occurred because of our very late arrival. However, I called the hotel twice to notify them of this situation and we were in our rooms well before housekeeping started knocking on doors. Sounds to me as if someone may have neglected indicating that our rooms were occupied in the system.

When housekeeping was eventually called to service my room, all the housekeeper did was make the bed and left - nothing else. A student complained the next night that a lipstick stain on her pillow which she requested be changed was simply flipped over onto the other side. That is simply beyond ridiculous. The pillowcase should've been changed.

Besides this, other problems noticed by students were the front desk staff having continuous personal conversations on the phone, staff always on the computer in the business center, and the staff was eating much of the breakfast that is supposed to be for guests. While I didn't witness this personally, I have never known students to exaggerate about something like that. I emailed the hotel manager to contact me about 'issues' we were having but she never responded or called me. While some of the hotel staff were friendly, as a Management Professor, I strongly believe that more professionalism and customer service training is needed.

That being said, given the problems with housekeeping, I'm not so sure I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is particular about cleanliness. As for service and professionalism, I've seen better at a Days Inn and I don't even stay at those anymore! I expected better at a Wyndam property.

Room Tip: Be prepared to get a temporary Eztag, the hotel is located on a toll road and most of the stops do n...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
I greatly apologize for your inconvenience but it is hotel policy that rooms are not serviced same day check-in. The front desk agent that you informed may have seemed a bit frustrated because housekeeping was already gone for the day and I can assure you that any phone conversations that you may have heard were work related as they were in regards to getting your guest rooms cleaned. We will take all of this a learning experience so that we can train better for situations such as these, we hope that you will give us another try and see how we've improved.