“Look no further”

Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH
Ranked #182 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Great value for the cost. I have booked some questionable hotels in the past, some where I ended up in the car.
I took a chance on this one because it had great reviews, and I was not disappointed! Friendly staff, very clean non smoking room, free internet, and breakfast made the trip very nice. I would not consider another hotel if I ever end up back in Texas.
It works out great that this is the first hotel that was offered in the packages I looked at online, and its a great deal for the hotel.THe staff is friendly and very helpful, and the room had a fridge and microwave. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
WingateIAH, General Manager at Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

We hope you do get another chance to come to Houston, Texas again so that we can further impress you. The staff does their best to go above and beyond for you as our guest and your compliments push them to keep striving, so that every guest feels the same. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

This was an excellent room for the money. Location relative to the airport was great and the staff was super courtesty!

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed very clean and neat and well decorated.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review, we know that we will be seeing you soon and you can take advantage of all of our amenities. Although your stay with us was short I'm glad it was a great one, see you soon!!!

Reviewed January 4, 2012

The staff were all nice and accommodating. Rooms are clean and beds comfortable. It is close to the airport, and there's this daily continental breakfast for free. Internet also is free and no hassle in logging in, as we didn't need the hotel's password. I truly enjoyed my 5 days stay and I opted to become a member of frequent visitor of this hotel and its chains.

Room Tip: I have no idea how the other rooms look like but I enjoyed mine facing the expressway
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Elsa G
WingateIAH, General Manager at Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

We expect to see you frequently since you are now a Wyndham Rewards Member, we want you to stay with us during each and every vacation and business trip to Houston. If you liked the breakfast I know that you'll love the complimentary Manager's Reception Monday-Thursday from 4-6:00pm with beer, wine, hot and cold snacks. Its perfect after a long day at work, just come in and relax, see you soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2011

I began by looking for a simple, clean, free wi-fi, room near the airport (IAH) for a one-night stay. I don't expect much, just cleanliness, comfort, decent neighborhood. I found this one while searching for 2+ stars and was able to book a room easily. I didn't understand the 2+ rating since it was a Wyndham property because they've got a great reputation.

I walked in and was truly surprised. On the drive-up, clean area, very well maintained property. Lobby entry, very clean and elegant, super friendly and easy-going reception/registration clerk. Room was outstanding!! Very clear, well-appointed, separate business/dining area and a separate sleeping area, a true suite. Everything in the room was upscale, clean, classy.

There was one negative though...They do not have a restaurant inside but let me know that they had a sister motel next door where I could buy dinner. This was the negative...I didn't mind walking next door but the meal they classified as a "dinner" for $10.00 was nothing more than some breaded chicken strips, french fries, and salad (something they ran out of in the first 45 minutes!). I was completely unsatisfied with that. The good news is that it in no way reflected on my experience at Wingate. The free, all-you-can-eat breakfast was certainly fine (fresh cooked eggs, bacon, misc breads, sweet rolls, waffles, coffees, juices, and more).

All in all, this was a tremendous experience and I highly recommend it for cleanliness, service, shuttle service to IAH, comfort, and all the other amenities listed on their site. I have no complaints (except for food availability).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

I'm so glad that you truly enjoyed your stay with us! We have surprised many guests such as yourself with all of the complimentary amenities at a reasonable inclusive rate, unlike some places we do not sacrifice quality or cleanliness for a good rate...we have it all. I know that a restaurant in close proximity would be ideal for our location, but our drivers can shuttle our guests to places near us; I wish we could open something here (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something). Hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I really enjoy staying at this hotel and the consistently safe and courteous service provided by the staff and management of this property.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Ms. Mayo it is always a pleasure having you all here with us!!!

Reviewed December 1, 2011

It's a new hotel so you would expect better, but maybe there's a reason it was so empty during my 3-night stay. This despite cashing in on a Black Friday online deal for 50% off. The receptionist was incredibly rude to me when I checked in. I've never arrived at the counter to be asked "what's your reservation" so abruptly. This was followed by being given a room facing the highway, then a room that had been smoked in, then finally a decent room. Each time with much rudeness in between and zero courtesy.

Breakfast also royally sucked considering the brand and price of this place. Nothing hot, nothing fresh...just stale bagels, prepackaged donuts and cakes (real healthy!) and mini cereal boxes. Other hotels in the area serve much better breakfasts, with scrambled eggs, hash-browns, fresh cut fruit, etc.. so I was very disappointed.

Not to mention breakfast is only served until 9AM, even on Sunday!!

Small Peeves...
Advertises HBO, but there is no HBO (I even called the desk to ask which channel)

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank w999

I greatly apologize that your experience here was memorable for all the wrong reasons because the behavior that you received is intolerable. I have made multiple staff changes as it unacceptable for the guest service agents to be anything less than friendly and customer service oriented. It is you the guest that any of us even have jobs and you should never have been treated as if you were and inconvenience. We are working towards improving all aspects of the hotel with the guests questions, comments, and concerns in mind. We hope you will try us again!!!

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Very happy with my stay at this hotel. The hotel staff were great. Jerricca the manager was awesome and provided great tips on where to shop and where to have some fun. If and when I am ever back in Houston I will stay at this hotel. It was very convienent and the staff were excellent!

Room Tip: Get a suite.... its nice and roomy
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
WingateIAH, General Manager at Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

The staff works very hard to keep our guest satisfied, I am pleased to know their hard work is paying off. Wingate is still a fairly new to the area and we are looking to make our mark!!! Your review just pushed us closer to our goal Thank You so much and we hope to see you again soon!!!
Jerrica

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Homewood Suites by Hilton HOU Intercontinental Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston North IAH
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
Days Inn & Suites Houston North-Spring
Sleep Inn & Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH East

Been to Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH? Share your experiences!