“more than adequate.”

Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook
Ranked #162 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 9, 2010

this wingate property is clean, well-staffed and is a great location for those with business in the immediate area. the breakfast was not up to par with other properties in this chain...and the rooms were a bit 'dated'...most wingates offer up flatscreens and a much better channel selection...but overall it was a pleasant stay...quiet...and seemed safe/secure. elevators can only be accessed with a room key...not a bad idea...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
wingatemanager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2010

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are actually implementing some changes for our breakfast. I hope that you will visit us again in the future!

Reviewed May 10, 2010

This hotel is attractive, neat & clean; a great place to stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It seems a bit out of the way, but it's easy to get to and there's a lot around; food & shopping. Plus it has the little free things other "upper scale" hotels nickel & dime you for, such as free internet, free breakfast, and a business center where you can work online & print (boarding passes!). Great place.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
wingatemanager, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to giving us some feed back regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Again, thank you for giving us some feedback.

Reviewed February 15, 2010

I have never experienced customer service like I have at this place. Every time you walk in or out the front doors you are greeted with a smile. This hotel is equipped with small personal items in case you forgot to pack them. I requested that a toothbrush to brought up and they were knocking at my door in less than two minutes with a "colgate." Very clean! Room well worth it! We loved it so much we decided to stay another night. This hotel has it all! Everything was easy accessible. Located in a great area around lots of stores and entertainment places. Hotel was very quiet. U had to have hotel keys just to ride the elevators....talk about feeling safe. I can not think of one thing to complain about! We had one small prob with our large jacuzzi tub and it was fixed IMMEDIATELY & our room was given a small monetary credit with no problem or hassle. I will be visiting this hotel on our next get-a-way! Beautiful, elegant & up-to-date. Every thing matched.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 23, 2009

I had a wonderful stay here. The front desk staff was friendly & very helpful. They knew the area to help me get around during my trip. The breakfast was pretty good. But the beds... They were so comfortable! I had great sleep on those beds. Overall I had a pleasant stay & would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Stayed 5 nights checking out 3 July. I liked the studio suite "feel" to the room with a small couch and comfortabel full size chair. The ice box for my beer and the microwave for Mrs. Stouffer was also very nice. I found the bed to be very comfortable and everthing in working order, including easy access to the net via wireless or direct connection. The breakfast was ordinary, but the yogurt and cereal choices were fine. The eggs, bacon or sausage every morning were okay, but nothing special.

Location is very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I stayed at the hotel recently and I must say that the rooms was not cleaned very well. Everything did not work. I had a problem talking to the housekkepers because they don't speak english. I think you need to have housekeepers that can communicate with the guest. The overall hotel needs to be updated. The only good part about the stay was it was very quiet. I tried to talk to the manager Billie folse but she was so nonchalant about everything and said she will get back with me but never had. I don't think i will stay here ever again the rooms and bathrooms was just dirty and rooms were smokey.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
wingatemanager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Houston / Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2009

I apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. We would love for you to stay with us again. Since I don't have any of your information about your stay, please contact me so that we may resolve any issues. Thank you.

Reviewed May 5, 2009

What are you talking about? These travelers must be upset with their own company because this hotel is one of the nicest in the area. Nice Clean Rooms with separate sitting area and good selection of Breakfast. The staff was very friendly. So I would strongely recommend this hotel my friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business