“pattinp "Would recommend this hotel"”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd
Ranked #366 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We chose the Extended Stay Deluxe Houston Medical Center hotel for convenience to the Houston Medical Center. My mother was having surgery at MD Anderson, and we wanted a hotel that had a kitchen so that we could prepare food for her after surgery. The kitchen had a two burner stove, microwave, dishwasher, and full sized frig, which we did use. The only downside to the hotel was that the appliances and the bathrooms were a bit worn looking. Other than that, everything was clean and worked properly. We really appreciated Xavier at the front desk - when we returned with Mom after surgery, he was able to loan us a wheelchair to get her from the car to our room. It was also nice that parking was free, since we had paid $26 per night at another hotel on a previous trip. All in all, I would recommend this hotel if you need to stay a few days or more in the Medical Center area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was a very basic hotel, and very convenient to the medical center area. Rooms have a full kitchen with dishes and pots and dining area, sofa and easy chair. It does not have hotel shampoo or the like but you can get it from office if you need. Everything worked, and it was priced well below other hotels, and may have a medical discount if you are in treatment at a local hospital. Breakfast is some bread products, juice and coffee. The staff was pleasant and helpful. They don't have a guest computer, but do have free wi-fi if you have your own. It is designed for people needing to stay for a while rather than the casual traveler, but it suited us fine. No luxury but a decent place to stay for a good price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our company strives to provide our guests with friendly service, comfortable rooms and basic amenities. It is truly rewarding to read that we were able to meet these expectations with you. Thank you for your kind words about our property.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My name is Ruben Romero, I stayed there for 3 - 4 months I work for Cobb Mechanical. My co workers and myself find this place great. It was very convenient for us as we were doing a job for MD Anderson the staff was very helpful overall Xavier & Leticia & not to talk about the manager Alfonso Garcia they were all great help to anything we needed I know I could always count on them. I would most definitely recommend this place not only to the company I work for, but others as well.

• Stayed: April 2012
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Ruben - I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Leticia, Xavier and Alfonso.. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My father was a first time patient at MD Anderson, and we went with the understanding that we may be there 3-5 days. Upon checking in on Sunday afternoon, we went to our first room and unpacked. We noticed that there was some trash around the room as if it had not been cleaned after the previous guest checked out. The couch was so dirty and sticky we wouldn't sit on it. The carpet was filthy. Shortly thereafter, we discovered that one of the air conditioning units (ancient) did not work. After calling down to the front desk, we were told they would give us another room because maintenance did not work on weekends. No assistance was offered to change rooms, so we loaded everything up and relocated. The second room was slightly cleaner, but something had been spilled on the carpet, and had dripped a trail across the room. The microwave was filthy with some sort of food that had splattered in it and never been cleaned off. Since our room had a sofa sleeper, I proceeded to open it up. As soon as I picked up the couch cushions, I found a condom wrapper lying underneath the cushion. The bed itself had no sheet and no blanket on it, and there wasn't one in the room anywhere to make the bed up. One of the regular beds was found to have a coat hanger lying in the bed between the sheets. Went to turn the TV on, and the remote control didn't have batteries. Had to go down to front desk to get batteries....got back to room and realized that the remote control was actually to the DVD player, not the TV. Never did find TV remote. No alarm clock in room at all. Curtains all had water stains on them. Even though the room had 2 double beds and a sofa sleeper, which would suggest at least 3 guests, there was only one coffee cup in the kitchenette. No sort of disposable cups for brushing teeth, etc. The only clean thing in the room was the refrigerator, and even though it was on the coldest setting, it was barely cool inside. We were really surprised to find out that we had to empty our own trash, and traipse down to the front desk to exchange our used towels for clean ones. After the first night, we also stripped the beds down and got clean sheets---we seriously doubted they had ever been changed from the previous guest. There is also a pervasive smell of smoke on the 3rd floor; the entire hotel smells as if it's been heavily doused with Carpet Fresh or some other sort of air freshener, but it doesn't smell pleasant.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless there was nowhere else to stay. We will NOT stay there again. Had we needed to stay more than 2 nights, we would have moved to another hotel. After a little research, we found that there are plenty of hotels in the immediate area that are in the same price range (some actually a little cheaper); most of them offer the same shuttle service. In my opinion, if you are a patient of the medical center that has any type of compromised immune system, you need to steer clear of this place, because it is not clean at all. And I'm sure if you are going through the draining process of doing chemo, dr's appts, and diagnostic tests all day long, the last thing you want or need to be doing is cleaning your hotel room when you get back at night. Matter of fact, the floors at MD Anderson were 10x cleaner than the hallways in the hotel. Maybe we should have slept there.

Room Tip: there is no such thing as a good room here
2  Thank Tammi S

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. First, let me begin by saying that I hope your father is doing well; we are so sorry to hear that he is sick and going through treatments. Second, our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As you mentioned in your post, we know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

As well, our staff strives to provide the best possible customer service to our guests, accommodating their needs. We coach them on how to provide a level of professionalism and accountability to everyone who stays at our properties. It seems in your case, we were unable to meet your expectations.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have stayed on several ocasions. i have always received excellent service,my stays have been due to medical reasons, husband needs a heart transplant and therefore it is convenent to hospital ,i get drop /pickup off at the door of the hospital and the friendliest shuttle staff. a very safe place , i have never seen anything that would have alarmed me. i always see the manager with a smile and greeting everyone.To the president of the company, i would recommend that it would be updated a bit and better breakfast . all staff is friendly and helpful. i would recommend this place to stay

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. -Braeswood Blvd.. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I recently stayed in extended stay deluxe Houston for one month. The rooms are ok, clean, well equipped and in good conditions. The weak parts are: the housekeeping service that is only once a week, the breakfast that is very, very poor and the fitness center that is only equipped with 3 stairs(and nothing more). The strong parts are: the front desk service that is very helpful and the shuttle service that is pretty handy.

Overall it is a nice place to stay if you want to expend less than 70 dolars per night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. -Braeswood Blvd.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Nastiest place I have ever stayed. The hallways and the room stunk bad. Couldn't get fresh towels. Wouldnt stay again if they paid me to- they outta bulldoze that stink hole.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Speedsterr
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.