Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsmedical patientsat md anderson cancer centermedical center areathe ritzwithin walking distancehome away from homeshuttle serviceradiationtreygmupgrades
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed two nights because our daughter-in-law was to have cancer surgery.
The surgery was canceled, which was upsetting, but ended up being a good thing.
We stayed at the same hotel as our son and his family. It very convenient and we really appreciated the shuttle. The morning of the surgery the shuttle was too full to fit all of us in, but the driver said she would be right back because she know how anxious we were to get there. She was back in no time and we really appreciated it. The staff was always very helpful and breakfast was good. The only negative was we couldn't figure out how to get the shower to come on and had to go to the desk twice for help. Our son's room had a sign telling you how, but ours didn't. Also, there was a hole in the countertop by the stove, which seemed dangerous. Other than that our stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rene N
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. -Braeswood Blvd.. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

It was hot and humid when I arrived. The last thing I wanted was a crappy hotel and dirty room. Well... This hotel surpassed my expectations. The front desk was helpful. Got my key to my room swiftly without any hassle. The room itself had a large bed with a mini kitchen with a microwave and pretty sweet "office" desk where you can put down your work and laptop. I only stayed here for 2 nights but would not have minded if I stayed a bit longer. Hotels in Houston are expensive and this was definitely in my budget.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Last summer, we had to work in Houston, and there was some absurdly large convention in town, and this was the only conveniently located hotel available. EVERY hotel in Houston was booked. It as insane. So we booked here. I actually stayed here in 2008 when my client managed to bring me into town another time when some absurdly large convention resulted in every other hotel being booked. It wasn't as if a Hilton was $900/night. All rooms were booked at all levels, and the only available hotels were at the airport or the space center or in Sugarland. Again, insane. So, we stayed here both times. In 2008, it was nice enough. No frills, but fine. My 2011 summer stay was atrocious. My colleagues and I had 8 rooms booked. When we checked in at 5 PM, they said seven of the rooms were booked and the last one was "not available." They didn't know when it would be available, because, as I found out, it was drying out. They had just shampooed the rugs. Well, I waited an hour and then took the room which still had soaking wet carpet and reeked of mildew or body fluids or both. It was awful. Their solution? No, don't put me in another room - "all were booked" - spray down the room with chemically air freshener. Enter the headache from the smell. On top of the unexplained reason for soaking the carpet, pulling out the industrial dryer, and then having to cover up that smell with air freshener, I noticed that the room had an overall level of grime that wasn't present in 2008. I guess that's what happens when you don't have daily housekeeping. The room was filthy. Brown grime on the furniture. Sticky bedspread. Mildew in the bathroom. Oh, and the microwave had been ripped off the wall, exposing the original holes in the cabinets. I went into coworkers' rooms, and while generally odor-free, they were still grimy. I got up early the next day and went to work. I got back and five, and the room still smelled terrible. I asked for a new room, and was told "Nope, you should've asked this morning." Again, sold out and the cleaning staff left for the day so i couldn't get a new room and have them pawn this dog off on someone else. On the third day, I was truly fed up. I felt soooo gross in this hotel. Did I mention the nasty, worn out mattress? Oh gosh, this place was bad.

On the third day, I spoke up again. They offered me a free night. I said that didn't really matter to me, since work was paying for my trip. And I said I suffered through two disgusting nights with no word from the manager, even though I mentioned this disgusting room multiple times. At that point, they offered both nights for free, but I said I wanted to check out early. I think I paid for one night, which I felt was fair. They did offer me a certificate for a free night, which would be useful, but I was so burned by this experience, that I never want to go to any Extended Stay "Deluxe" again.

I recognize my situation was unique. However, even if I hadn't had the room with the mystery problem that had to be hosed down, the fact remains that the rooms were grimy and not undergoing any kind of regular comprehensive cleaning. I'm not sure what happened here. It was fine a few years back. It may be fine in 2012. But I think that the lack of daily housekeeping is part of the problem. Yes, I understand that's how it works at this type of hotel, but boy, the place was grimy.

I think what really annoys me about the place being so poorly maintained is that it is next to the hospital and so many people staying here are visiting terminally ill family members and it just seems like this hotel is taking advantage of them. The room rates were decent, but why should they endure such a slipshod place during their troubling times. Ugh. I really hope this place got its act together because it was a major failure for me. Again, I had no problem with the basic accommodations. if it were clean, I'd give the place a much higher rating because it would've provided good value. But it was just soooooo skeevy. You'd think that with such a simple setup, you could keep it clean. You'd be wrong.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank seawall77

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. -Braeswood Blvd.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I am a property manager for an apartment community in Pensacola, Fl. Customer service is the number one thing that I look for. I am here with my mother for cancer treatments and because of the great deal of customer service provided by this manager and staff, I have made the decision to move to Houston. This is by far the best experience, kind, and caring of staff I have ever received. Thank you so much for making this difficult situation an amazing experience.

Kindest regards,
Brandi Barton

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Brandi_Barton

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. -Braeswood Blvd.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

This place had the lowest price of any Houston-area hotel that I could find. Since a colleague was staying here, I did too. It wasn't bad. Yes, it wasn't spotless, it appeared dated and worn, and the hallway smelled like old cigarettes. However, the people were friendly enough, the inside of my room didn't smell bad, and the kitchenette was very convenient with a full-size refrigerator, kitchen sink, and dishwasher. (It also had 2 burners, a toaster, and a coffee pot.) Definitely no frills - no shampoo or conditioner, no free bottles of lotion, and only 1 small bar of soap. (There's a sign that if you forgot anything, they had stuff at the front desk.) Also, rooms are cleaned once a week, not daily.

Disclaimer: I did bring my own lysol wipes and wiped EVERYTHING down. OCD? Maybe. But there were some things that were visibly "dirty" that responded well to the lysol wipes. The bathroom, however, was clean.

It was a large bed, king-size I believe. It was okay, but sort of hard. The sheets were clean, but the bedspread was stained.

I did NOT see any bugs.

Bottom line - I felt safe, and after I used the lysol wipes, it felt cleaner. And I loved the area around the hotel. Wow - I didn't realize how nice Houston was!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business