Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd
Ranked #382 of 504 Hotels in Houston
tx
“dirty place to stay”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

the most disrespectful stuffs i ever meet ,they must be tired of the place
the place is very dirty 2
please dont stay at this place find you a better place near by with the same amount of money

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 8, 2011

While the rooms are a good size, two doubles and a comfy sofa sleeper, I do not recommend this hotel. The rooms are dirty. Mold in our bathroom. We were shown several rooms upon check-in before we even found one that had been cleaned. Bugs too. It is close to MD Anderson, but nothing else.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank rgaubatz
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I have been to hotels in the countryside of Peru, Mexico and Brazil. But this is the worst service I ever received, by far. To name a few problems:

-Staff have a "couldn't care less" attitude. The exception is Maria, only one with service attitude, look for her if you have a problem (you'd better not to stay here, but just in case :-).
-They gave us r the keys to another men's room... imagine the situation....
-Room's safety lock was missing. Complained about it, stayed one week, no one fixed it. Dangerous combination: they give your key to others, and the safety lock is missing !
-What they call "full kitchen" is best described as frying pan, and a broken microwave.
-Asked for daily housekeeping (as described on front desk). They didn't clean it on 4 out of 6 days. When I complained, I was told that "daily housekeeping" is not daily.
-Had to take a cold shower, hot water not working.

The only good thing is that it is two blocks away of a lot of hospitals. The bed is good, but the air conditioning is noisy. Internet works fine, but I suggest you to go to Holcombe Blvd. There are better hotels over there.

• Stayed July 2010
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Here's my list of why I'll never stay there AGAIN!!!
1. No place to park to check in.
2. Tara at the front desk seemed like I was disturbing her by checking in.
3. Huge cockroach on the wall right next to the check-in counter.
4. Only one elevator in the center of the hotel which extends 50 rooms away from it.
5. No parking near front to access said elevator so you have to park on sides and rear of
hotel and enter through electronic doors.
6. Electronic doors were out of order so you had to walk around hotel, enter front, walk to
electric doors and find something to prop them open so you can bring luggage in.
7. Hallways smelled like a mixture of sugar water and vomit.
8. Door into room had a 1 inch gap at the bottom, very private.
9. Room stunk.
10. Restroom and shower were third world.
11. No daily cleaning service.
12. If you wanted clean towels you had to take dirty, wet ones to the ever friendly front
desk and swap them out.
13. Walls were paper thin and tv remote didn't work.
14. Beds felt as if they were made from 1970 vinyl car seats.
15. Breakfast choices were coffee, oj, fruit, muffins, and bagels.
16. Can't check out till after 7:15 a.m. as there is nobody there.
17. Cool St. Patty's day pool. IT WAS GREEN !!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank rattler316
Austin
Reviewed April 18, 2010

You can sense the deep despair as soon as you walk into the building. The front desk staff dispensed with the phoniness of business pleasantries long ago and seemed irritated by my presence. I asked her for directions to my room but she only motioned with her arm toward the back of the building, then went back to gossiping with her work mate in the office.

The sickening smell of sweet curry, forbidden cigarette smoke and harsh chemicals permeate the hallways. Through the thin walls, you can hear the loud, stressful arguments taking place in foreign languages and evenmuffled sobs coming from some rooms. My room reeked of strong cleaning chemicals that made my eyes water and my nose run. I shudder to think what actual smells the toxic solutions are hiding.

The room was large but the furniture was drab and peeling. The bed was unbelievably uncomfortable, very hard with no give.

They had ran out of coffee when I tried to check out at 6:45 am. I just wanted leave but there was no one at the front desk. A maid finally told me that the front desk staff arrives at 7:00 am. I don't know what happens if you want to check out early. The woman who works the front desk finally showed up at 7:15 am. So much for arriving early at my meeting.

Which is the only reason I stayed at the hotel was its close proximity to my meeting. However, there are many other hotels in the same area at a comparable price. You will be sorry if you stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Lorenzo50
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My five kids (ages 7-17) and I traveled to the Museum District midweek to take advantage of the many "family free days" at various museums. I chose this hotel because it was the best bargain in our price range, and it was one of the very few who would accept our large party.

The location is convenient, on the outskirts of the Museum District. Relatively easy to get in and out of.

I reserved our room on Monday for Tuesday evening check-in. When we arrived at 6:00 PM, our room was not ready, which was okay, because I'd prepared for this possibility. However, if we'd needed to check in immediately, there would've been a problem. The receptionist was friendly, attentive, and apologetic. We offered to leave for a leisurely dinner; she promised the room would be ready when we returned.

Our room was ready by 7:30 PM. When we walked in, the smell of disinfectant spray was so strong! I was afraid the fumes might be harmful. I took the kids down to the pool for a while so the smell could dissipate. It was pretty much gone by the time we returned.

The room was perfectly clean and stocked. Fridge, stove, and drawers were clean. Carpet looked decent. Bathrooms were just fine. No complaints about cleanliness.

The door to the room disturbed me. There is a 2" - 3" gap between the bottom of the door and the carpet. I was really concerned this might affect our privacy and the privacy of the other guests near us. We're relatively quiet for being such a large family, but there seemed to be no noise buffer between us and everyone else. We did our best to keep it down, but we would've been much more comfortable had the door been flush with the floor.

There wasn't much in the way of extras. The continental breakfast consisted of orange juice, coffee, muffins, and bagels. Sparse, but we were happy to have it available. The small breakfast was included in the cost of the room, and it was enough to satisfy my kids. The coffee was hot and fresh.

Maid service is offered once within a seven-day period (if I understood correctly). We stayed for two nights and received no cleaning service. I was happy we chose to bring our own towels, just in case.

I didn't sleep very comfortably the first night. The A/C controls on one unit were set at 65 degrees. The controls on the other unit were broken off. I tried to adjust the digital setting, but couldn't figure it out, so we froze that night. The second night, my teenaged son found another thermostat on the wall, so he adjusted it to a more comfortable range. We slept better the second night.

Overall, I'd have to see we got what we paid for. Extended Stay Deluxe had the cheapest rate for the area and accepted our large party. The room was clean, which was essential to me. No extras.

In most aspects, this hotel meets a minimum standard, so I'd recommend it to visitors who are on very tight budgets. I'd recommend this hotel only to my family members who have concerns about cost. I would not recommend this hotel to my mother or friends. I probably won't stay here again unless I have to.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank AilinaL
Toronto
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Ibooked this hotel online, and believe me this is the last time i'm going to do that. the rooms are smelly, realy smelly, i asked for a different romm and it's worse. i opened the dish washer and there is bad , infected, smelly water sitting there i don't know since when. you can clearly see animal or insect droppings inside the AC unit. totally unclean and unhealthy. the generl staff is ok, but the reception is completely unfriendly. the area although close to houstom medical center has no major stores close by, unless you take the shuttle (which run every hour on week days).

• Stayed March 2010
Travelers also viewed these Houston hotels
University Place
BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel & Suites at Medical Center
Medical Center
Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd

Property: Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd
Address: 1301 Braeswood Blvd, Houston, TX 77030-4601 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd.)
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #382 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Houston-Medical Center Braeswood Hotel Houston